#1 EvilCorpse

EvilCorpse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

I found a guide of someone disassembling and putting a Netgear WGE-111 Network Adapter into an xbox and making it look standard with just an antennae and extra ethernet port in the back...
Tutorial is here: http://www.i-hacked....nt/view/223/62/

IPB Image

I'm looking into making an XBMC slimbox, and would love to be able to access my computer's library wirelessly instead of dragging the xbox to my bedroom when i get a new movie..
however, I can't see myself paying $100 on something that isn't even running wireless N... are there any other compact bridge's that could be done this way preferably cheaper, or at least wireless N if as pricey?

Edited by EvilCorpse, 03 March 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#2 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

do a quick ebay search for wireless network bridge and youll get a few $40 ones that look as if they will fit.
http://cgi.ebay.com....=item3a639e44e9

#3 EvilCorpse

EvilCorpse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

a picture can make anything look small =/ but I can't find any dimensions on the actual size of the thing to be certain =S
Has anyone been able to get wireless through a usb dongle on the xbox1? would be able to setup one and have it hide in the case pretty easily I'd imagine if it works...

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

No, wireless USB dongles won't work - the short version is that the BIOS has no driver support for USB wireless devices.

#5 zykooo

zykooo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

I just registered an account to tell you this:

look out for the "Netgear WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter". not that cheap if you ask me, but it won't get any smaller than that. Got one of those attached to my xbox and it works great. And you can power it via usb.

#6 hawkeye2309

hawkeye2309

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:49 PM

assuming people are still looking at this topic this looks fantastic only 30 AUS and very small don't worry the usb is just there for power

#7 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(hawkeye2309 @ Mar 22 2011, 11:49 PM) View Post

assuming people are still looking at this topic this looks fantastic only 30 AUS and very small don't worry the usb is just there for power

I was just about to mention that little unit, i have 2 similar D link wifi bridges and they are excellent.
I stream everything from my pc or from the net using it- ftp is a cinch. I modded a controller port to usb and it powers the wifi bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users