manlavi95

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

So, is it possible (if I have a modchip) to run the xbox, save my games to the hard-drive, and run it without the CD drive? Also, can i run it with only a dual-tipped IDE cable? I was thinking about loading my games from a drive, and putting a cooling fan where the dvd drive used to be. Lastly, is the Xecuter 2 a good chip to format a new hard-drive and lock it?

#2 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE(manlavi95 @ Mar 3 2011, 09:42 PM) View Post

So, is it possible (if I have a modchip) to run the xbox, save my games to the hard-drive, and run it without the CD drive? Also, can i run it with only a dual-tipped IDE cable? I was thinking about loading my games from a drive, and putting a cooling fan where the dvd drive used to be. Lastly, is the Xecuter 2 a good chip to format a new hard-drive and lock it?

Okay, let's take a look here:
-Yes, you can copy your xbox games to your hard drives using DVD2XBOX
-Yes you can run the xbox without the DVD drive, but you need custom bios that skips the DVD check. If you get a Xecuter modchip this will be easy to do, as well as easy to format a new hard drive
-The Xecuter modchips are no longer made (that I know of....) so a lot of people use the DuoX2GS modchip. It's inexpensive, and should do most everything you need. Talk to Litspliff in the BST area and he should be able to hook you up. With a modchip you can easily format a new hard drive by simply connecting it to your xbox and booting into slayers, AID, or any other recovery disk, and because you are using a modchip you don't even need to lock it

#3 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:31 AM

So, is it possible (if I have a modchip) to run the xbox, save my games to the hard-drive, and run it without the CD drive?

Yes it is. that is one of the main reasons for having a modchip, among others. but you will need a custom BIOS and dash to do so. take a look at XBMC as the dash. the BIOS is a little on the less-legal side of things so wont be discussed here.

Also, can i run it with only a dual-tipped IDE cable?

As in just one plug at each end? Yes.

Lastly, is the Xecuter 2 a good chip to format a new hard-drive and lock it?

Personally, i always saw the Xecuter range as designed towards the more pro modders. Ive always used the DuoX2 for its simplicity. if all you want to do is load a custom bios to take out the CD drive and run a custom dash then i would recommend a DuoX2. (just dont buy a fake. if the price is too good to be true, it probobly is.)
And you should note that since the shutdown of Xbox Live theres no reason to lock your HDD so long as you have a custom dash/bios.

good luck!

#4 manlavi95

manlavi95

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Alright then, thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic