• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cain683

cain683

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:50 AM

I have scoured the internet trying to find an installation guide to this mod chip, but to no avail. The site that it was purchased at, apple-chip.com is no longer active. The chip is apple-x, not applex V or any other variant of, just simply says apple-x.

Here's a picture of it, I'm currently trying to use the diagram from a similar (looking) modchip to install it, we shall see how it goes.

IPB Image
(sorry for the blurry pic, it was taken with my phone.)

I guess the reason for my post is to see if anybody has every seen this thing before or if anybody has a clue as to how to solder this bad boy.

#2 cain683

cain683

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

I managed to find a diagarm biggrin.gif

http://www.xboxscene...x_diagrams.html

Heres a link in case anyone else needed it.

However, now that I've installed the chip, I'm getting an error 5 message :/ any clues? anybody?

Edited by cain683, 06 March 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#3 cain683

cain683

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

( I feel like I've just been talking to myself here :/ )

Got the chip installed, fixed the 05 error, however now it's giving met he christmas light error. I cleaned off the chip and the Xbox MOBO surface before installation, and as far as I could tell there was no problems with either. I checked my connections, all were good. I then took the chip out and tested the Xbox (it gave me error 05 again) so I tried to reinstall the chip once again, and I'm still getting the christmas light error.

Would I be able to buy a new modchip, install it and recieve the eeprom to fix the 05 error that way?

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

Error 5 means that the xbox harddisk is unlocked. The modchip you have is a so called cheapmod. It contains a flash chip with an LPC interface. Those were used in cheap PIII pc motherboards. Looking at the number of soldering points and the way they are placed, it wouldn't suprise me that they follow the xbox LPC layout.

Yes, you can use a modchip to extract the xbox eeprom contents, and with that information, you can calculate the xbox locking password.

I don't see how the install of the chip can give you an error 5. Modchip biosses don't care about the harddisk being locked or not. So, for some reason your xbox is probably still booting it's original bios.

You can also build yourself an eeprom reader to get the eeprom contents. It uses a bunch of easy to get components. Modchips for the xbox 1 are becoming more and more difficult to find these days.

regards.

#5 cain683

cain683

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

I was up most of the day working on the modchip, I ended up having to use the D0 solder point on the bottom of the MOBO, I got the Christmas light error, so I replaced the wires (because they were kind of old) with new ones, but got the same error. The chip was thouroughly cleaned as well. So, since the chip didn't seem to work I figured I would try my hand at formatting the HDD using Xboxhdm and making a new HDD to softmod. Followed the tutorial, made the new drive and I am still recieving error 05. This is probably because I formatted the 100GB HDD that was installed with the modded one, but literally, I just finished doing that. I have another Xbox that was DOA, it's a v 1.6 with a working HDD, but I was curious to know if I could use the Xboxhdm tutorial to force the HDD from my 1.6 Xbox to work on my other one.

Just to tell you, the one I am trying to mod is a 1.1 version, and the DOA Xbox is a 1.6. It's DOA because the power adapter is fried, and I haven't had the money to buy a replacement.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(cain683 @ Mar 8 2011, 08:44 AM) View Post
I figured I would try my hand at formatting the HDD using Xboxhdm and making a new HDD to softmod. Followed the tutorial, made the new drive and I am still recieving error 05. This is probably because I formatted the 100GB HDD that was installed with the modded one

No, you are getting Error 5 because you are booting a stock BIOS and you haven't locked the disk. To lock the disk you need the eeprom from the motherboard, plus xboxhdm. To get the eeprom, you need a working chip, or an eeprom reader - see the link in my signature.

#7 cain683

cain683

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:50 PM

The eeprom reader looks pretty intimidating lol, I don't know if I have the skills to do that just yet tongue.gif Though i might give it a go another time. Do you happen to know of a place to buy a modchip? I know you said that they are pretty scarce (which after about an hour on google I'm finding quite true) Only ones I'm finding are around $50 to $60, and with that sort of money, I'd rather just go to the store and buy a new Xbox.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:47 AM

Here

#9 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

it is basically the same thing Heimdall said but, http://www.dynatron.org/store/#xbox products
bought four chips from him so far also http://www.dealextre...-xbox-360-68122

#10 The_Zig

The_Zig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

hey

It seems we are in the exact same situation

I have a chip that looks pretty much the same as that, however it has sst 49lf020 on it

The wiring seems to be the same config i will upload a photo https://mail.google....c...p=inline

But same as you i have a 1.1 and it had the chip installed i had a 250gig hdd in and it would load up the evo dash
then one day i turned it on i got xmas lights, and error 06

I tried my 1.6 standard hdd in it and got error 05

with a closer look, it seem i have a bad connection so i've order a solider tip

let me know how youre going with it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users