xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

I have had 2 hard drives fail that were used for jtag consoles. Both were 250GB. I had a samsung, and the 2nd was a WD which was made using hddhackr.

I have sold several WD drives that i have made with hddhackr and none of them have come back to me, they were all used in NON jtag consoles.

So the only thing i can assume is the jtag caused it. I get the e68 error on them.

#2 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

You're jumping to conclusions with no evidence. I've used a 320GB WD which was 'made with hddhackr', it's been used with several JTAG consoles for over 6 months without issues.

Just because you've had 2 drives fail doesn't mean it's caused by the JTAG hack. If that were the case, it would be very well known.

#3 phiquach

phiquach

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:33 PM

if you are using it on a jtag, why do you need hddhackr? just format through the console.

#4 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 AM

well ya it is a conclusion, i was checking if it was known. because out of the 20 hard drives i ordered the 2 that were being used by me on jtags died i kind of wondered.

i used hddhackr for a 250gb that was a wd so that i could also use it on non jtag console

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users