• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jdevonlim

jdevonlim

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:05 AM

I have been searching and searching for 3 days now and I cannot seem to find the answer to this. I have a few isos which I have used iso2god to "rebuild" them and has removed the padding and made the isos smaller. But what I can't figure out now is:

1. How do I burn these "smaller" isos now or whether they can be burnt or not to DVD+RDL
2. If I can't burn them, how or what do I use to convert them back to normal sized isos?

I've already tried using god2iso but the iso that is generated is not correct according to agbx 1.0.5

Help anyone?

#2 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

Why on earth are you doing what you are doing? Padding exists for a reason and is desirable under those circumstances.

Shouldn't it be obvious why agbx doesn't work with them? If you're thinking you can shrink a DVD9 image so you cab burn it to a DVD5 you are barking up the wrong tree unless you have a JTAG.

#3 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

you massacred the image layout. I doubt you will get any data CRCs to check that correctly now even with a proper disc rebuild.

delete the ISO's you screwed up, Re-rip with your kreon/0800 drive, and keep them that way. Don't shink them unless you have a jtag system. nothing but perfect 1:1 copies will load on the 360.

#4 -Gadget-

-Gadget-

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

just thought i would add something to this thread,
Just for other people that may also have trouble with this, and want a more technical reason!

i too was trying to recover a GOD game i had converted onto my jtag from a disc that i could no longer rip ...

now, you CAN rebuild the ISO as it was (using XDVDMulleterBeta10.2)
then you can re-add the security files that are missing easily using AGBX360
i have done this and compared the ISO that was rebuild from a GOD etc, to the original ISO.

And the only point you get stuck at, or that you Need from the original or Part info from another disc
(I mean this could also be how they are identifing deferent copies taht float around the net ?)
is all to do with the "Random Padding !!
which sits exactly AFTER the Game partition
without this a game WILLNOT boot on just a flashed console
(but works fine on a jtaged console! )

not sure why the 360 needs this to aloow it to boot, but it does !!!

Mick ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users