brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hey I just used Iso2God on my computer and transferred them over to my JTAG'd Jasper and they all transferred successfully and they all launch correctly, but they don't show up in FSD. I've tried running multiple scans, rebooting the xbox and even re-transferring a game to see if it will show up. All of my other games that I previously transferred a weeks ago show up, but these 6 new games don't and I have no idea why.

Any suggestions?

#2 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

I am having the same problem. I didn't use Iso2God though, I just used the copy DVD to hard drive in FSD. This is my first JTAG and I upgraded from XBR, I added a 500GB drive and made partitions from a 20GB drive and also ran the partition fix xex file. I have par0 par2 and par3 ...I think...Is this correct?

When I went to copy the game from DVD to Hdd in FSD it had a warning about the folder...couldn't find it or something ...so after googling that I ended up making a folder called games in the root of the hdd. When I tried to copy from DVD to Hdd again it picked up that folder straight away...so I copied the game to Hdd but it dosen't show up in the 360 games tab in FSD (works from xexmenu).....am I missing something?

I have tried googling but have only found info about manualy changing the file locations in a .xml file or something like that which seems to apply to earlier vesions of FSD not to ver 2 RC 1.8.

I am a little confused as to what version I am running as I downloded RC 1.9 Beta but when I unzipped it had some files including .txt's and a .nfo but just seemed to have the RC 1.8 folder in it.....whats up with that? I just copied the files from the RC 1.8 folder to my hdd.

Any help would be apprciated.

#3 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

Disregard what I said about the version of FSD ...I got confussed with Dash Launch 2.09

I am running FSD ver 2.0 RC 1.8

#4 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

Well I gave ISO2GOD (ver 1.3.5) a go and it transfered heaps faster than coping from DVD. I transfered lak Ops and it went to hdd1:/content/0000000000000000/41560855/00007000/ and has a file name consisting of a bunch of numbers and letters with no file extension - which makes now sence to me.

It shows up fine in my freeboot NXE game list (and runs no problem) but does not show up in my Freestyle Dash game list. It dosen't show up in my xexmenu either. I can navagate to the mumbojumbo file name in the /00007000 folder and it will run from both FSD and xexmenu.

So obviously the games need to go in hdd1:/Content/0000000000000000/somewhere...can anyone elaberate on this?

When I rip a game to hdd1 with freestyle the file name is the actual name of the game! As I said I made a folder called "GAMES" in the root - do I need to have this folder under hdd1:/Content/0000000000000000/ ?

brando56894 - If you look at the file system can you find where the games you transfered a few weeks ago are? How did you tranfer these games? Also where are the 6 games you just recently transfered? Is there a difference in the location? What are the file names?

Also what version of ISO2GOD are you using?

#5 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:31 PM

I found this in an older post

If you are using fsd 2.0a you have to edit "fsdconfig.xml" to make the games show up

but as I am using FSD 2.0 RC1.8 I figuered that would not apply....is that correct or do we still have to edit fsdconfig.xml ?

can someone please help with this issue....

What is the correct method to copy games to Hdd so they will show up in FSD games list/tab?

#6 gui1e

gui1e

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Loads of stuff
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

just go into fsd settings and increase scan depth to 4 or 5 (i cant check at the moment)

#7 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

For anybody else following this I found the following:

http://x360c.com/ind...d-march-7-2010/

Turns out in Freestyle Dash you can set the path location for your games:-

Under Utilities go into Settings -> Content Settings -> Manage Game Paths -> Change Path and select the folder that contains your games. As I have previously stated I have a folder called "Games" in the root of my Hdd and I also used ISO2GOD for Black Ops which went into /Content/0000000000000000/blabla ....so I set my path to Hdd1 and then set the scan depth to 10. That way Freestyle will search the whole Hdd 10 folders deep for games. My games show up now! smile.gif

However I still have a problem with missing covers & missing screen shots & I know nothing about TU's which apparently stands for Title Updates. I am sure for most of you guys out there this is really trival stuff but this is my first JTAG and the first time I have used/seen FSD ....so I am pretty much a Noob to all this stuff .....so please help us out.

#8 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(gui1e @ Mar 15 2011, 07:22 PM) View Post

just go into fsd settings and increase scan depth to 4 or 5 (i cant check at the moment)

Thanks for responding gui1e ...you must have been typing that response at the same time I was typing my last response laugh.gif

I have only just figured out what you have offered. Are you able to help me with the missing covers & missing screen shots etc.

#9 TAHAIC

TAHAIC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

OK....Again for anyone following this:

I found this -

http://spiffy360.com...381-page-2.html

Apparently if you connect FSD to the internet it will automatically download the covers and screen shots biggrin.gif

Make sure you block your console from live in freeboot or xbr NXE if that is what you are running.

In the 360 games list press Y (for Options) from there you can select "Refresh Artwork" and "Manage Title Updates"....and presto ...it's all working smile.gif

Edited by TAHAIC, 15 March 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#10 brando56894

brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(gui1e @ Mar 15 2011, 05:22 AM) View Post

Thats probably my problem, I forgot about that. Thanks.

#11 onekelly

onekelly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

i am also having the same issue, but i a did set my path to 10 deep (or last one) and still will not show games from usb drive when they did before (using Freestyle-Dash-2.0-RC-2.1). They are not in homebrew and i have reset settings with no luck. Also i am not using god format but have used in past have used xbox backup creator and now using exiso.2.7 for the latest games. (i should say 2 games still show up UFC2010 and homeland), the rest do not and all games show up in xexmenu1.1.

any ideas?

#12 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

Check here: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=733319

Edit: I got fed up and just deleted my whole fsd2 folder then re-installed, just had to dl all the coverart again.

Edited by Haygar, 28 October 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#13 onekelly

onekelly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

just saw that post and was going to remove my question and put it in that one. (since you replied i will leave it but i am going to post in it, not trying to spam the sight at all though).

#14 tomsawyer2k5

tomsawyer2k5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:08 AM

In case you guys are still having trouble, I thought I'd just post this as help:

In FSD options I recommend leaving the scan depth to 2 but choose the actual folder or parent folder in which the games are actually located. You can add multiple locations if you want, but increasing the scan depth will increase search time required by FSD before it displays your games (one of those Database things). Too much scan depth will slow down search time considerably.

So if you can, find all your 360 games and put them in one main folder on the root of your 360, say "Xbox 360" folder. Then create another folder for your Live Arcade games, another for Xbox games, etc. etc. Believe it or not, organizing your games will help your FSD respond better. Otherwise it's gonna scan through all those levels when it doesn't have to if you organize. My two cents cool.gif

#15 onekelly

onekelly

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(tomsawyer2k5 @ Oct 29 2011, 12:08 AM) View Post

In case you guys are still having trouble, I thought I'd just post this as help:

In FSD options I recommend leaving the scan depth to 2 but choose the actual folder or parent folder in which the games are actually located. You can add multiple locations if you want, but increasing the scan depth will increase search time required by FSD before it displays your games (one of those Database things). Too much scan depth will slow down search time considerably.

So if you can, find all your 360 games and put them in one main folder on the root of your 360, say "Xbox 360" folder. Then create another folder for your Live Arcade games, another for Xbox games, etc. etc. Believe it or not, organizing your games will help your FSD respond better. Otherwise it's gonna scan through all those levels when it doesn't have to if you organize. My two cents cool.gif

That is exactly what i do but with no luck since switching to the latest release of FSD. It just finds two of my games, not the newer ones and not any of the older ones that used to show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users