3800sc

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

Went to radioshack and grabbed som I grabbed LED's and resistors today. 12V LED's for inside the case and 3.0V LED's for my HDD and Network activity lights. I got a package of 220 Ohm (1/2v, 5% tollerance) resistors for the 3.0V LED's.

If I understand correctly, I can run the 12V LED's right off the yellow and black wires on the power supply. If this is true, how many LED's can I run before it bogs the PSU down? Dont wanna pull too much power. And I shouldnt need a resistor on the 12V LEDs, correct?

Second question, will the resistors I got be enough for the 3.0V LED's?

Thanks!

#2 gothicguy9494

gothicguy9494

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(3800sc @ Mar 11 2011, 08:19 PM) View Post

Went to radioshack and grabbed som I grabbed LED's and resistors today. 12V LED's for inside the case and 3.0V LED's for my HDD and Network activity lights. I got a package of 220 Ohm (1/2v, 5% tollerance) resistors for the 3.0V LED's.

If I understand correctly, I can run the 12V LED's right off the yellow and black wires on the power supply. If this is true, how many LED's can I run before it bogs the PSU down? Dont wanna pull too much power. And I shouldnt need a resistor on the 12V LEDs, correct?

Second question, will the resistors I got be enough for the 3.0V LED's?

Thanks!

first question : yes u should be able to run straight off the yellow and black wires as for how many id say 10,000 (leds dont use much electricity or draw much current)

second question: thats wat i used and so far so good been running it for about a year now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users