• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 champ0053

champ0053

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:27 PM

ok i'm going to buy a used 160 gb hd and put it in my xbox360 hd case old version. i will have some jtagged xbox's to help me format it. can i just format it with the 360? because the old drive is dead and it doesn't have any information on it anyways because i formatted it. will this work? or what can i do?? direct me to some tutorial. i see alot of them but all of them has to do with upgrading the drive from a smaler one i'm not upgrading i just want to throw on the drive format it then use it, is it that easy??

#2 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:36 PM

You have a stock xbox, you can't use a JTAG to format the hdd drive, and plug it in expecting it to work. Its a little more complicated than that.

If want to pick up an used hdd to use make sure its a Western Digital, and use hddhackr. The info on the hddhack app is HERE.

#3 champ0053

champ0053

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(bamarquez226 @ Mar 12 2011, 06:36 PM) View Post

You have a stock xbox, you can't use a JTAG to format the hdd drive, and plug it in expecting it to work. Its a little more complicated than that.

If want to pick up an used hdd to use make sure its a Western Digital, and use hddhackr. The info on the hddhack app is HERE.

ok thanks. decided not to buy the drive and look more into it. i just have a xbox hd case that needs a drive in it.. i only use a stock xbox and sell jtags, modded and stock consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users