14 replies to this topic

#1 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:49 AM

Hey all, I posted about this a little while ago and got no responses so I am hoping some additional research I have done the past few days might give someone an idea on how to help me.

So here's the deal...a few months ago my xbox started giving me issues about features being missing or corrupt. For the most part I was able to just restart and it would work fine. After a while that didnt work anymore so I called xbox support and they walked me through clearing the cache and removing the updates and than re downloading the update. This worked for a while but eventually even this stopped working. This was around the same time that I got my Kinect which was christmas...I don't know if that's relevant but I figured I should mention it.

Now I find myself unable to update my xbox. If I download the update it just gives me a message about features being missing or corrupt. I restart my xbox and the message is gone...and it asks me to update xbox live again. This cycle repeats it self indefinitely until I start slamming my fist against my desk and give up.

After doing a LOT of googling on the issue I found very little and even fewer solutions. I have seen many people with this error but few with a situation like mine.

I have tried downloading the update to a flash drive and updating that way. The update appears to work fine until the xbox restarts and I get Error 71 (Dashboard Error) If i take the flash drive out it works fine sad.gif

My xbox also works fine without applying the update...I am just unable to sign online and play games that way.

My Xbox IS modded just in case that might have something to do with it.

XBox live tells me its just the hdd and that I should buy a new one. I would scrounge up the cash for one(Even though I am dirt poor) but I dont think that is the issue since even with only the thumb drive attached it still has the same issue.

I apologize for this extremely lenthy post but I wanted to give as much info as possible. Any suggestions anyone could make would be GREATLY appreciated...even if your suggestion is to abandon all hope and buy and mod a new xbox. I have been working on this for over 3 months now and I seem to have hit a brick wall: (

#2 xXXBOXxHACKERXx

xXXBOXxHACKERXx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(pickel182 @ Mar 15 2011, 03:49 AM) View Post

Hey all, I posted about this a little while ago and got no responses so I am hoping some additional research I have done the past few days might give someone an idea on how to help me.

So here's the deal...a few months ago my xbox started giving me issues about features being missing or corrupt. For the most part I was able to just restart and it would work fine. After a while that didnt work anymore so I called xbox support and they walked me through clearing the cache and removing the updates and than re downloading the update. This worked for a while but eventually even this stopped working. This was around the same time that I got my Kinect which was christmas...I don't know if that's relevant but I figured I should mention it.

Now I find myself unable to update my xbox. If I download the update it just gives me a message about features being missing or corrupt. I restart my xbox and the message is gone...and it asks me to update xbox live again. This cycle repeats it self indefinitely until I start slamming my fist against my desk and give up.

After doing a LOT of googling on the issue I found very little and even fewer solutions. I have seen many people with this error but few with a situation like mine.

I have tried downloading the update to a flash drive and updating that way. The update appears to work fine until the xbox restarts and I get Error 71 (Dashboard Error) If i take the flash drive out it works fine sad.gif

My xbox also works fine without applying the update...I am just unable to sign online and play games that way.

My Xbox IS modded just in case that might have something to do with it.

XBox live tells me its just the hdd and that I should buy a new one. I would scrounge up the cash for one(Even though I am dirt poor) but I dont think that is the issue since even with only the thumb drive attached it still has the same issue.

I apologize for this extremely lenthy post but I wanted to give as much info as possible. Any suggestions anyone could make would be GREATLY appreciated...even if your suggestion is to abandon all hope and buy and mod a new xbox. I have been working on this for over 3 months now and I seem to have hit a brick wall: (

remove the defauly\t.xex off the flashdrive you only need the systemupdate folder try that make sure its 12625 thanks

#3 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

thanks for the info...im going to give that a try now and let you know how it goes. As far as making sure it is 12625...is that a version number or something? I am downloading the update from xbox.com so I am assuming it is the most recent version. Should I be getting it from somewhere else?

Thanks,

#4 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

UPDATE:

Just tried updating as you suggested and im no longer getting the error 71 when the console restarts but it is still telling me I have a corrupt update. Im guessing its not possible that the update I am downloading from xbox live is corrupt and I have downloaded it multiple times. Any suggestions?

Also I checked the dash version. It's 2.0.12625.0

Edited by pickel182, 20 March 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#5 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE(pickel182 @ Mar 20 2011, 12:48 PM) View Post

thanks for the info...im going to give that a try now and let you know how it goes. As far as making sure it is 12625...is that a version number or something? I am downloading the update from xbox.com so I am assuming it is the most recent version. Should I be getting it from somewhere else?

Thanks,
2.0.12625 is the most recent kernel/dashboard version available for Xbox 360's at this point. You can get it off Xbox.com, here it is for direct download. Try that one and see if it works.

QUOTE(pickel182 @ Mar 20 2011, 01:03 PM) View Post

UPDATE:

Just tried updating as you suggested and im no longer getting the error 71 when the console restarts but it is still telling me I have a corrupt update. Im guessing its not possible that the update I am downloading from xbox live is corrupt and I have downloaded it multiple times. Any suggestions?

Also I checked the dash version. It's 2.0.12625.0

Are you saying that you successfully updated to 12625 or you were already on that dashboard? Because 12625 is the latest dashboard and would need no updating if you were already on it. As for the corrupt data message, I have no idea. I haven't ever heard of something like that.

#6 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(Twis7eD @ Mar 21 2011, 03:28 AM) View Post

2.0.12625 is the most recent kernel/dashboard version available for Xbox 360's at this point. You can get it off Xbox.com, here it is for direct download. Try that one and see if it works.
Are you saying that you successfully updated to 12625 or you were already on that dashboard? Because 12625 is the latest dashboard and would need no updating if you were already on it. As for the corrupt data message, I have no idea. I haven't ever heard of something like that.

I am fairly certain that I have the most recent dashboard but I am still getting asked to update whenever I attempt to connect to live. The last time I successfully updated was right around when the kinect came out. I had to update to use the kinect and it was working fine. Than i started getting these corrupt data messages. At first it was not a problem, I would just restart and it would be fine. Than I couldent get it to go away...I called xbox support and they walked me through clearing my cache and all of that which worked for a while, than it got to the point it is at now where no matter what it doesn't seem to realize i am up to date. Is there some kind of internal hdd within the xbox that i need to clear? I know clearing the cache is supposed to accomplish that but it doesnt seem to be working for me. I really wish there was a way to hard reset the xbox and bring it back to how it was right out of the box.

Anyway...ill try the update you just sugested....im guessing im going to have the same issue however...I will keep you updated and thanks for the help.

#7 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

UPDATE:

Just tried to update via usb using the link you provided. Still getting that same error message about a feature being corrupt.

Any ideas? Im really close to just tossing this thing in the trash

#8 CNC3TibWars

CNC3TibWars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

I wonder if clearing the cache will help. Just throwing that out there. It wouldnt hurt to try .

#9 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(CNC3TibWars @ Mar 28 2011, 01:49 AM) View Post

I wonder if clearing the cache will help. Just throwing that out there. It wouldnt hurt to try .

Yea I tried that already sad.gif also tried formatting the hdd and removing the latest update..bupkis

#10 CNC3TibWars

CNC3TibWars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

Well what you got for a mod ? I would say either its a conflict with the mod or the hard drive.

If you took the HDD off and updated with the usb flash then still got the same corrupt errors , Its not the HDD.

#11 jimbo831

jimbo831

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

I just want to report that I have the exact same problem, except my system is not modded in any way. It is completely stock. The weird thing is, when i go to my system info, it says my version is already 12625, so I'm not sure why it keeps wanting to update. The only difference between me and the OP is that two times, after updating over and over and over again, I was eventually able to get logged in to Xbox Live. However, both times, I got the corrupt error again as soon as I rebooted the console.

This is so frustrating. I am currently waiting a call back from Xbox's next level of tech support, so I'll report back if they have anything useful to say. I just hope they even call me back. If anyone else has any troubleshooting ideas beyond what has been described here, please let us know.

#12 jimbo831

jimbo831

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:51 AM

Shortly after I posted my similar situation, I finally found a fix that worked for me! Hopefully this one will also work for the OP:

http://forums.xbox.c...t.aspx#36135817

See the 4th post on that thread that fixed the same problem on my console.

#13 pickel182

pickel182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE(jimbo831 @ Mar 28 2011, 08:51 AM) View Post

Shortly after I posted my similar situation, I finally found a fix that worked for me! Hopefully this one will also work for the OP:

THanks for this post...this actually ended up working for me...sorta...this brought me back to the point of the xbox sometimes allowing me to go on live and sometimes telling me i need the update :/ As soon as I tried to hook up the kinect it stopped allowing me to go on Xbox live and I am right back where i started.

#14 craig5571

craig5571

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

hey,

i am having this same exact problem with the
"Some Xbox 360 features are missing or corrupt." i tried to go to the link you provided and its not there anymore , can you please tell me what you did, i have spent weeks on this.. going absolutely insane ( my 7 year old daughter keeps asking me , when its going to be fixed".

QUOTE(jimbo831 @ Mar 28 2011, 03:51 AM) View Post

#15 Techno Maniac

Techno Maniac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I know this is old but if anyone has a fix for this please post as the xbox link is down and no one posted the fix here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users