• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 retromax

retromax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Are there only certain file types that can be copied from USB via 'My Files' in XBMC?, My drive is recognized straight away when I plug it in but when I tried copying something from the flashdrive it copied a few empty folders but then get 'copy failed' or something uhh.gif
The drive does work with the xbox as that's how I softmodded it and i'm using XBMC as it recognises my flashdrive when browsing my drives... couldn't get it to recognise in any other app.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

What format is the USB drive?

Is the Xbox partition you are copying to full?

Are you copying to an F/G partition that is larger than 256GB and already contains at least 256GB of data?

#3 retromax

retromax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the reply smile.gif
The drive is formatted fat or fat32 (whichever windows did it) and there is plenty of room on the e:\ drive i'm trying to copy to, I did have the flashdrive formatted to fatx though when I did the softmod. I've been able to playback .avi files in XBMC with it formatted fat32 so does it make a difference then if trying to copy files and not just playing them?

re-formatted back to fatx to see if there is any change, it will kind of defeat the object of what i'm trying to achieve though if it does work now.

#4 retromax

retromax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

Right so it was a format issue it had to be fatx, I was trying to avoid ftp'ing files all the time and going down the usb flashdrive route instead.... anyway one thing I do know now is how to do it.
I've been using 'Xplorer360 beta6 extreem2' to inject the files to the drive on the pc and then copying them via usb to the xbox.
I did do a search on the forum before asking and extensive googling yesterday without luck so hopefully anyone else who wanted to know the answer will see it here smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users