• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Zerali

Zerali

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community. I've had an original xbox laying around for a few years now and I thought it would be a fun project to make it into a web server. I have read many tutorials and guides but I'm still not sure as to whats the best route to take in doing so. I have made a usb to memory port on the controller and I have a copy of Splinter Cell. Just wanted to get more opinions on the best option to soft mod my xbox.

Thanks, Zerali

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

As you have Splinter Cell and a USB adapter, Krayzie 1.1.1 is the best option. Grab it from the usual places, format a USB stick on the Xbox (must be less than 4GB, and not all USB sticks work), then use Xplorer360 beta 6 on your PC to copy the Krayzie gamesaves to your USB stick. After that it's easy - copy the gamesave to your Xbox, run Splinter Cell, load the gamesave, follow the instructions.

#3 Zerali

Zerali

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hey,
Thanks for the help, I was able to get my xbox modded. I had a little trouble with getting the files on to my usb drive but I was able to get it to work. I ended up choosing the UnleashX install and it went really smoothly. If I have any more questions I will ask.

Thanks again Zerali

#4 wesbc

wesbc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi, I'm doing the same to a stock xbox. Only want to install the latest XBMC on it but I also want to install a larger HD. What's the best order? Softmod first then upgrade HD or upgrade HD first then softmod?

#5 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

It's not technically possible to attempt a hdd upgrade before the initial softmod - you'll need the eeprom contents to lock the upgraded hdd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users