Photo

Can't Install Dash, Tutorials Not Helping.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 veirossang

veirossang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:22 AM

I have an X3 installed and all set up, I have my new HDD installed, now I need my XBMC dashboard. I can't get any dashboard to set up through Slayers, I haven't got AID to read, and I can't get FTP working to go that route either. Most tutorials I can find all assume that I already have Evox or something already but I need my first dash. If I'm posting this topic and have somehow missed something similar or relevant I apologize.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Slayers won't help. Start by reading the X3 manual, particularly the section under X3 Config Live about dashboard names and the dashboard boot drive. Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS (X3.3294).

#3 veirossang

veirossang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

I rechecked and I do have the latest BIOS. As far as configuring the dash names and boot drive, I've set it to xbmc.xbe and the boot drive to F: because I'm using a large HDD.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it matters, but I do have G: drive that is bigger still than the F:, I just went with F: at the suggestion of the manual.

Edited by veirossang, 19 March 2011 - 07:27 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

The manual is wrong IMHO. Put your default dash on C or E, and call it evoxdash.xbe. Put XBMC at E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe (i.e. unpack it to E:\Apps\XBMC\), and put the team XBMC shortcut in your dash location (C:\evoxdash.xbe).

#5 veirossang

veirossang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

See that was my initial issue, I can't get FlashFXP or any other client to connect. I've tried to find guides but I can't find any helpful ones that explain how to do it from the x3 BIOS. And that's why I ended up trying to use AID and Slayers. I'm trying now and I still can't get a connection. By the way, thank you for helping with this, I've been battling it on and off for weeks.

UPDATE: I got FTP to work, and I got things working as far as I can tell. I boot straight to XBMC whenever I start up my Xbox now. You've been a great help and very patient with me, thank you. Now I've just got to get some of my games and such on here!

Edited by veirossang, 19 March 2011 - 09:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users