Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:01 AM

This is a problem Ive come across before, Lines or random lines on the picture. Ive normally cured this with a quick reflow with my soldering torch and flux. This time it was different, Tried my quick method, still the same, tried the heat gun method, still the same so a clutched at straws and adjusted the laser, still the same. I tried the console with tekken 6 at 1st, The first few animated scenes were fine then when I started to play the game I got lines, Same lines, Same part of the game. I tried NFS Hot Pursuit and that was fine, Just tried Fifa 11 and the pitch is ok but the background has lines. Ive got some pics to show whats happening.

I forgot to say, Its a 2008 Xenon mobo. Does it with Comp and VGA

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by Avinitlarge, 20 March 2011 - 03:22 AM.

#2 Apezdr

Apezdr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Well at least your's doesn't freeze completely!! lol.
Im having that problem your describing except instead of allowing the game to continue playing; it freezes and doesn't allow me to continue playing.
Though in honesty I believe it is partly due to the GPU overheating(when it overheats I believe it freeze's up), and due to the fact that I lack the "Xbox 360 New / Elite Type GPU Heatsink /w Heatpipe". In my scenario though, I had to re-apply the thermal compound to the heatsinks; though I have followed the instructions to the T, so I don't believe it is due to my lack of skill tongue.gif .
So in the near future when i get the new Heatpipe, I will fill you in on whether or not it fixed my problem for me.
Otherwise fill me in on what you did to prevent this from happening!
Thanks,
Apezdr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users