manlavi95

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:57 AM

I will soon solder a Duox 2 GS to my 1.0 mobo. Any tips? I don't wanna screw up my board. What do I need? How would I go about doing such a precise mod?

#2 masterofpuppets

masterofpuppets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

Make sure you solder to the underside D0 its a lot bigger and easier to solder to, just search the team xecuter forums. Make sure your iron isn't too hot if you can adjust the temp go for about 250 degrees. Also make sure you don't keep the iron on the board for more than a few seconds be quick but take you time! The best way to strip kynar wire is with your teeth btw.

#3 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

Okay, a basic soldering iron has two ends; you don't hold the hot end. A basic 15 watt soldering iron from radioshack will work fine for most modchip installs. Since the holes are filled with solder on v1.0 motherboards you may want to get some wick (desoldering braid?) or a desoldering pump or something to suck out the solder. If you want the chip to be always on (no real reason for it to be off since XBL is discontinued for origninal xbox) just ground the D0 wire (solder it to the metal shielding or to a screw ground point).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users