FrostyWolf

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'm guessing one of the two files in:
\Data\Databases\
contains the list of all the games I have. Does anyone know what I can open and edit these files in? I'm trying to rename 400 or so games, and the HTTP option, while awesome, is horribly unrealible right now, and renaming them all from the Dash its self takes to long.

#2 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(FrostyWolf @ Mar 23 2011, 09:06 AM) View Post

I'm guessing one of the two files in:
\Data\Databases\
contains the list of all the games I have. Does anyone know what I can open and edit these files in? I'm trying to rename 400 or so games, and the HTTP option, while awesome, is horribly unrealible right now, and renaming them all from the Dash its self takes to long.

Yes. It's going to be the bigger file.

The database we are using is SQLite. You can find many free SQLite browsers via google. Open the database file, and you should be able to find the "Content" table easily. Be careful in there...you could *easily* change something that will force you to have to delete the db file and start over.

The sole reason there are two database files are so that you *CAN* delete the one with the content in it, and keep the other one with all of your preferences and settings...

-node21

#3 GoodfellaKeyser

GoodfellaKeyser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

Hi

I'm just coding a new app for fsd2data/settings and xm360 reports.

Never thought about an option to export a list with game names in order to
edit them, but if its useful, shouldnt be a great deal.

Check this video out in my blog, it contains the progress so far.
IPB Image

If you want to edit the database file yourself you could use
SQLite admin

I use the commandline app from SQLite's homepage

A batch file like this will export all data in csv format:
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2data.db "select * from Favorites;" >Favorites.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2data.db "select * from Assets;" >Assets.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator "|" -header fsd2data.db "select * from ContentItems;" >ContentItems.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2data.db "select * from UserRatings;" >UserRatings.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2settings.db "select * from Tabs;" >Tabs.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2settings.db "select * from GlobalSettings;" >GlobalSettings.csv
"[PATH TO SQLITE]\sqlite3.exe" -csv -separator ; -header fsd2settings.db "select * from UserSettings;" >UserSettings.csv

The names are stored in ContentItems. I used | as separator as I ran into problems when importing to Access.

#4 node21

node21

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(GoodfellaKeyser @ Mar 24 2011, 03:37 AM) View Post

I'm just coding a new app for fsd2data/settings and xm360 reports.

A bit off-topic, but...

If you'd like to also process the xm360 contents.dat file, I'd happily share the format/c++ code to process it.

-node21

#5 justin_ruch1180

justin_ruch1180

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

400 games? That is a lot..smile.gif

#6 DrWize

DrWize

X-S Enthusiast

• Members