• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chriss179

Chriss179

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Hi, i've just installed Freestyle Dash 2.0 RC2.1 and i was scanning my network. I'm able to find one xp machine (good! this is what i do my hacking on) but my windows 7 machine won't show up.

I've been searching thru network setting trying to figure out if something is causing this issue but no avail.

Anyone with suggestions??? Or is smb still in development? I was hoping to be able to play my games over network from my huge hd's in that machine.

#2 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

It's not an issue with FSD2.

I use Windows 7 64bit, and Samba works fine. Haven't used FTP since...

#3 Chriss179

Chriss179

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 25 2011, 10:47 PM) View Post

It's not an issue with FSD2.

I use Windows 7 64bit, and Samba works fine. Haven't used FTP since...

Well then let me tell you my network settings.
i'm using a work network
I have network discovery on. (windows xp machines can see me)
I have file and printersharing on
I use 128 bit encryption (tried using 40-56 bit encryption but didn't resolve)

In fact every computer can see me, my old xboxes with xbmc, my windows xp hacking computer, my notebook, mediacenter on xbox360, i can play media etc... but fsd can't find him on smb:
I believe xbmc (on the xbox) had such an issue in the past where it couldn't handle the connection helper from windows live or something like that. I had to uninstall that. I think that was a bug in xbmc at the time. i'm not saying i don't believe you. It's just when the whole world sees you but fsd doesn't it's hard to hear that it isn't an fsd issue. But i'd be happy to figure out whats causing this until fsd samba support is updated to deal with the issue.

Problem solved. Don't ask me how...... It's really retardic. As always ghosts in the machine.

Edited by Chriss179, 26 March 2011 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users