atreyu187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

So I am not having much luck getting most games to be detected by FSD and I have no idea why. I have all the ISO's extracted to HDD1:\Games and about 65% show up and the rest aren't viewable from the dash but if I go into the file manager I can execute them from there and they all show up just fine using FSD1 and XEXMenu. I have erased the path and re-added it, changed the folder scan depth to 10 even though they are all in the main sub folder. Now it is weird as it seems to be my games I FTP not being detected. I am using filezilla and never had a problem before this. I am using the latest freeboot, FSD, and dashlaunch but what I think the problem is the app (FSD) isn't scanning my "Games" folder anymore even after removing it and re-adding it. Upon boot and manual scan it only goes for my XBLA "Content" folder and stops there. Any one got any ideas as it is a pain having to go to the file manager each time I want to play a game.

#2 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

Mine works fine, and i've a 2TB drive and i'm always adding games.

Personally I split XBLA, GODs & NXEs into their own folders within a Games directory. Then you can just tell FSD2 to scan for XBLA in the XBLA directory, and XBOX 360 games in the GODs and NXEs directories. I also find it easier to disable auto content scans, and just do a manual scan whenever you add games.

Try resetting FSD2's game data and starting from fresh, it can be a good idea to reset the game data when updating between FSD2 releases. You could always move the games FSD2 isn't showing to a seperate folder, and then getting FSD2 to scan that folder in addition to your games folder. Also ensure you are using the latest release of FSD2.

As for FTP, why use FTP when you can use Samba? I've had the odd issue with filezilla and found flashFXP to work better.

Edited by tk_saturn, 26 March 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#3 atreyu187

atreyu187

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

I have it setup just like that and until I updated never had a problem with the last 90 games I installed. Anyhow I renamed the folder to Xbox360 and didn't even set the path yet and the moment I did that FSD picked up the folder and added the content. It would scan any folder except the one named "games". I don't know WTF is wrong but I have access to my games. Thanks for the help though!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users