12 replies to this topic

#1 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me out. Basically…I've created an ex-box…well, i hope I've not, but it doesn't look too good at the minute ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Dusted it off a week or so ago and found that there are a load of new emus and that out, downloaded some of the madmab stuff, very nice, had a look at UnleashX and decided to go wild and make it the main dash. This went fine but then I edited the config so it would show my emulators, and put a couple of icons in the emu folders. Strangely, it stopped FTPing, even if I went over to Avalaunch I my PC IP was not coming up (showing as 0.0.0.0). I saw something in another forum about this problem sometimes occurring with an edited config.

SO, I thought I'd switch back to EVOX, and start again. Deleted the UnleashX files from C:, burnt the EVOX files that I removed previously to disc and replaced them in C:…or so I thought. I've obviously done something wrong, as now the xbox boots to the regular commercial dash!

I know I can get a Slayer or AID boot disc which will get me set up again, however if possible I need to leave F untouched - this has got on it a collection of great stuff that I simply won't be able to amass again from scratch. Do any of these installers allow me to do this? If not, does anyone else know of a way I can get a FTPable dashboard in place without wiping the console, or can anyone suggest a creative way round the problem?

I have an Xecuter 2 modded box, not sure of the BIOS.

Many thanks all for looking.

Keir

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:35 PM

Any boot disc will give you FTP access to repair your dashboard.

#3 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Really? Ah right. I might not be in such deep trouble after all. Being a bit melodramatic maybe, like a girl. I'll download Slayers then and see what happens! CHeers.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

HeXEn 0.99B11-22 or AID would be better - they both use UnleashX, which has a better FTP server.

#5 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Strange. I downloaded Slayers 7.2, installed that and could then FTP again. Glory be. I then re-instated UnleashX as the primary, to find that the same problem has reoccured. Maybe I should move this to the UnleashX foum now? Problem is, I have been able to FTP from UnleashX before, and when I re-installed it I think I used my edited config again. Given that all I'd edited was adding a quick script for it to see my emulator folder, I don't understand how I could have affected the ability to connect?!

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

It may be pedantic, but you don't install Slayers 2.7, you use it to configure your Xbox and to install things (dashboards, apps) onto your Xbox. The reason this disctinction is important is because in order to help you we need to know in a bit more detail which Slayers option(s) you used, which files(s) on C:\ you replaced when you switched to UnleashX, what you replaced them with, etc. It would also be useful to see the config.xml that you are trying to use, because that's almost certainly the problem. Post it in a codebox, or put it on pastebin and post the link here.

#7 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

IIRC if you have all your emulators in F:/emulators on your xbox hdd then unleashx will automatically show them in the emulators section of the dashboard.
just burn slayers to cdr and install it that way,if you have an upgraded hdd then make sure and choose the upgraded dash option.

#8 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

OK, tried again. Did the option 4a2) from the SLayer disc - apps on F and Evox on C. I boot this up, then can FTP as normal after changing the ip settings.

I then d/ld UnleashX again to make sure the config was standard, followed this guide to swap it in as the main dash http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=161608

Strangely there was no bios file to remove this time. Booted to Unleash X as before, but the IP add showed up 0.0.0.0. I went into the network settings and they suddenly change to the settings I had in evox:

Default gateway 192.168.0.1 mirroring the network settings on my Mac (Im using a MAC and Fetch - which was fine before and seems better than FXP in many ways). I save these settings but there's still no connection with the Mac - on the main screen the connection IP still displays as 0.0.0.0 wheras Evox never had this problem. Reset, but still no dice. So it's back to the Slayer disc again to get EvoX back on so the 2 machines can start talking again.

Any ideas? It's not the end of the world if I have to keep Evox, but it's not that pimpin'. Can post the config if you like but as it's a fresh download I reckon it should be fine.

Thanks again all,

Keir

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

Why are you using a 7 year-old tutorial?

Rename UnleashX default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. Copy that and config.xml to the root of the C partition. Done.

#10 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

I was going to ask why did you fiddle with Config.xml?

Any version of UnleashX I've used has the Config.xml set up by default to find emulators on either E, F or G. So wherever they are they are they should still appear in the Main Menu > Emulators.

The relevant part of the Config.xml should look something like this:-

<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
</List>

It sounds to me as if you've accidentally edited something to do with the FTP options in the Settings or Menu section of the Config.xml. If you've been FTPing over the UnleashX dash .xbe only or the Config.xml was edited on the PC prior to the FTPing a wrongly edited Config.xml is likely still being used. Problem recurrs.

What I think you need is a clean Config.xml.

That's my theory (waits for Heimdall to shoot it down in flames) but you'll need to make the UnleashX Config.xml on your Xbox available for examination to be certain.

Edited by fallenangle, 29 March 2011 - 12:30 AM.

#11 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

Hi,

Heimdall - that's exactly what I did (after deleting the files he said to delete). Here's the config - this time I didn't edit it, though the first time when I did was to add the script suggested by fallenangle.

I haven't edited this more recent one though, so I can't see why there would be anything up with it...

CODE

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<UnleashX>
    <Settings>
        <MSDashBoard>C:\Xboxdash.xbe</MSDashBoard>
        <Password MaxTries="3"></Password>
        <!-- Network Enable="Yes/No" Type="Static/DHCP" -->
        <!-- Default Enable="Yes" Type="static"
            IP        = 192.168.0.100
            Subnet    = 255.255.255.0
        -->
        <Network Enable="Yes" Type="DHCP">
            <IP>192.168.0.100</IP>
            <Subnet>255.255.255.0</Subnet>
            <Gateway>192.168.0.1</Gateway>
            <DNS1>192.168.0.1</DNS1>
            <DNS2>192.168.0.7</DNS2>
        </Network>
        <!-- FTP Enable="Yes/No" -->
        <!-- Default Enable="Yes"
            User        = xbox
            Password    = xbox
            Port        = 21
            MaxUsers    = 2
            AllowAnon    = No        
        -->
        <FTP Enable="Yes">
            <User>xbox</User>
            <Password>xbox</Password>
            <Port>21</Port>
            <MaxUsers>2</MaxUsers>
            <AllowAnon>No</AllowAnon>
            <Greeting>Welcome to XBOX FTP Server</Greeting>
        </FTP>
        <Newsfeed Enable="False" Interval="30">
            <URL>www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/xbox-scene.xml</URL>
            <URL>www.xbins.org/xbins.xml</URL>
        </Newsfeed>
        <!-- User Preference    -->
        <Preference>
            <Games AutoLaunch="Yes" />
            <DVD AutoLaunch="Yes">F:\Apps\DVDX2\default.xbe</DVD>
            <AudioCD AutoLaunch="Yes">C:\xboxdash.xbe</AudioCD>
            <Data AutoLaunch="Yes"></Data>
            <!-- Volume: 0-100    -->
            <SNTP Synchronize="No">216.244.192.3</SNTP>
            <!-- Speed: 1-5 and anything in between, i.e. 1.5    -->
            <FanSpeed>1</FanSpeed>
            <ScreenSaver Wait="60">
                <Text>UnleashX V0.39</Text>
            </ScreenSaver>
            <AutoTurnOff>0</AutoTurnOff>
            <EnableDriveF>True</EnableDriveF>
            <EnableDriveG>False</EnableDriveG>
        </Preference>
    </Settings>
    <Menu>
        <Item Action="LaunchDVD" >Launch DVD</Item>
        <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
            <Path>E:\Games</Path>
            <Path>F:\Games</Path>
            <Path>G:\Games</Path>
            <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
            <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
        </List>
        <List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
            <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
            <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
            <Item Action="TextEditor" >Text Editor</Item>
        </List>
        <List Text="System" Sort="Off" Auto="On" >
            <Item Action="Settings" >Settings</Item>
            <Item Action="SavesManager">Game Saves Manager</Item>
            <List Text="Misc" Sort="Off" Auto="On">
                <Item Action="FTPStop">Stop FTP</Item>
                <Item Action="FTPStart">Start FTP</Item>
                <Item Action="FTPReset">Reset FTP</Item>
                <Item Action="NETReset">Restart Network</Item>
                <Item Action="TrayClose">Close DVD Tray</Item>
                <Item Action="TrayOpen">Open DVD Tray</Item>
                <Item Action="CopyDVD">Copy Game Disc</Item>
            </List>
            <List Text="Format Menu" Sort="Off" Auto="On" Password="Xbox">
                <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="X" >Format X Drive</Item>
                <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="Y" >Format Y Drive</Item>
                <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="Z" >Format Z Drive</Item>
                <List Text="Format F Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
                    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive F?</Item>
                    <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
                    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="F" >Format F Drive</Item>
                </List>
                <List Text="Format G Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
                    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive G?</Item>
                    <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Format">Press OK to proceed with the format operation.</Item>
                    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="G" >Format G Drive</Item>
                </List>
                <List Text="Format E Drive" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
                    <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Format">Are you sure you want to format Drive E?</Item>
                    <Item Action="Format" Arg1="E" >Format E Drive</Item>
                </List>
            </List>
            <Item Action="Skins">Skins</Item>
        </List>
        <Item Action="FileManager" >File Explorer</Item>
        <Item Action="C:\xboxdash.xbe">MS Dashboard</Item>
        <Item Action="Restart" >Reboot</Item>
        <Item Action="Shutdown" >Shutdown</Item>
    </Menu>
</UnleashX>

#12 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

I've just tried by eye comparing that Config.xml with one from one of my UnleashX Config.xml - not easy as the screens are not alongside one another. I can't see anything glaringly different but there could be something I've missed

I'm not set up to Network/FTP so I'd assume those settings, numbers and the text language are correct. You'll have to get somebody else to confirm that.

The Emulator text I posted above is the only thing obviously missing. In my Config.xml it appears in the Menu right after the apps path section.

Sorry I can't be more help I think it needs somebody to go through it with a fine toothcomb.

#13 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for trying, and frankly, balls to it. I'll download it again from somewhere else, maybe a diff version - and try it one more time, if I still have no Joy, I think I'll just keep UNleashX on it, and use the SlaYers disc when I then want to update the contents of the HD, then revert back to UnleashX. It's not very elegant but I can always get into the habit of just doing a load of stuff at one time and then swapping back rather than the odd file like I'm doing at the mo. Thanks for looking all anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users