• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Greetings! I'm new to the forum and have a question about the possibility of the substitution of the hdd. I've read in the faqs about the different options to substitute or add hdds. I have a modded xbox with xecuter2 pro chip I think and a 160gb hdd. I was wondering whether it is possible by now to put in an even bigger hdd, like, say 1tb or so?
I also read about the possibility of adding usb ports. Could I connect external hdds of that size that way?
I hope no ones bothered about those general questions, but I'm in for some hours now here, but didnt find about things like that.
Thanks in advance!
kooki

#2 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Since you've got a chip on there and it's booting to a non-retail BIOS you can add a bigger drive.
I would recommend upgrading to the latest BIOS for the chip like X2_5035 so that you can add a
much larger drive. After you've got the new hard drive and made sure you've got the latest BIOS
you can just swap out the drives, load up an Auto-installer disc like Slayers 2.7 or AID and setup
the drive. If you get a 1TB or something close to that in size you'll need to do some additional setup
procedures to make sure it's setup right and no data corruption occurs.

You can add USB's to the xbox but it will not read anything above 4gb's in size. So most external drives
will not be usable but you always have the option of streaming from a big hard drive on a network.

#3 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Thank you for the quick reply!
Would it be possible to preserve all the games i've installed on my hard drive, i.e. to just copy them to the new hdd? Or would i have to copy them again from dvd then?

I dont know what a non-retail bios is. I assume you mean not original microsoft bios?

greetings
kooki

Edited by kooki, 30 March 2011 - 01:07 AM.

#4 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Cheers and welcome. You can for sure preserve your games and your games saves too. You can do this two different ways. You can download all of the games from your xbox to your PC and then back to your new drive.
Or you can use the old hard drive and put it inside a modded xbox and then transfer the games from one xbox to the other.

The gamesaves are in the E/Udata folder. Copy that Udata folder to your PC and after your done setting up the new hard drive you can just copy the contents of that folder into your new E/Udata folder.

You are correct about the non-retail bios thing. It just means your using a hacked BIOS to boot up the xbox and allow you to have a "modded" xbox and run unsigned code (emulators, homebrew, XBMC). Since you have a mod chip on the xbox it bypasses the retail BIOS stored on the xbox motherboard and uses a hacked bios on the chip to boot up the xbox. It would be best to try and find out what BIOS you have installed on the chip to see if you need to update it or if it will allow you to put a bigger hard drive. There's a program called BIOSchecker,I think, that will tell you what you have.

Cheers,
Nextelhalo

#5 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Hi. Thanks for the help. I got BiosChecker now but somehow I have problems getting it on my xbox. the boxplorer just wont read the dvd. so I tried connecting it to my pc using this tutorial http://www.xbox-scen...les/network.php but flashfxp says connection failed. I have no clue about networking so maybe someone can tell me what to try or what settings to use. I have win7 pro.
cheers
kooki

#6 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

What type of network do you have? Are you using a router or a crossover cable (xbox to PC)?

#7 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

I have a crossover cable.

Just for my understanding the tutorial. "check off" means switched on or off?

Edited by kooki, 04 April 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#8 Nextelhalo

Nextelhalo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:53 AM

That's exactly what it means. When you "switch off" the "obtain IP address auto" it will let you assign the IP after that. If it's checked "on" i dont think you can adjust the IP. This is in Windows. Are you running with two NIC's?
If i read this right you should be able to do this but if your not running two NIC's you can skip the step that say's...

"next while still in the properties of the nic. click on the configure button.. then click on the advanced tab. then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex."

After that you should be ok, as long as your only running 1 NIC.

#9 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

The reason for my confusion is the following part of the tutorial. It says:

"go into the properties of the nic that is connected to the internet. check off obtain a IP address automatically.
now for the nic that is connected to the xbox. going into the properties. check off use the following IP."

When "check off" means switch off, then he wont tell me what ip to enter for the first nic. And then he is telling me to enter an ip though i was to check off "use the following ip".
Thats why I took "check off" for switch on, so that for the first nic I obtain the ip adress automatically and for the second I entered the given one.

ok, i'm running one nic (thats ethernet adapter, isnt it), and a wlan device for internet. Its not important to me to have internet access with my xbox. So I think I can assume I have one nic. Is that correct?

So I can skip
"next while still in the properties of the nic. click on the configure button.. then click on the advanced tab. then click on network media and set it to 10baseT full duplex."
I didnt find it anyway.

So the nic connecting to the xbox wants to have entered the IP 192.168.0.1. , Subnet Mask, enter: 255.255.255.0. , and default gateway 192.168.0.1. Correct?
I did this.
And at xbox settings I entered the IP 192.168.0.3. theres also a subnet mask and a default gateway entered in the xbox. is that a problem?

And something else: the default gateway of my internet router is also 192.168.0.1. Might that cause a problem? Windows gave me an error message saying I shouldnt use the same gateway.

Thanks for your patience.
kooki

Edited by kooki, 05 April 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Set your IP addresses as follows:

PC Wired NIC:
IP Address 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

PC Wireless NIC - leave it set to automatic, or temporarily disable it (it makes no difference because you aren't using it while backing up your games etc.)

Xbox:
IP Address 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Then from the PC type ping 192.168.1.3 in a command window, and confirm that you can see the responses.

#11 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

Hello. I did what you told me. when pinging 192.168.1.3 I get the following:
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out
4 sent, 1 received. 3 lost

By the way I misunderstood something before: windows didnt give an error message saying I shouldnt use the same gateway in internet and local, but the following while configuring the lan nic:

Warning: Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redundancy to a
single network such as and Intranet or the Internet. They will not function
properly when the gateways are on two separate, disjoint networks (such as
one on your intranet and one on the Internet). Do you want to save this
configuration?

I confirmed it. Is that ok?

Thanks

Edited by kooki, 06 April 2011 - 09:17 PM.

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Clearly you didn't!

If you are pinging 192.168.1.3 then the response should say:
Reply from 192.168.1.3: Destination host unreachable (assuming that the host is unreachable!)

Was it a typo when you posted here, or a typo when you entered the command on your PC?

Also, did you disable your wireless before configuring your wired NIC? If not, try that.

#13 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:43 PM

I checked it again. I had no typo, but didnt disable the wlan device. now as I did so, it worked and I connected to the xbox!
I'm now supposed to copy BiosChecker to the xbox, right? Does it have to be in a special location? Then I just run bioscan.exe? Should I run it from the xbox or can I use the flashfxp from the pc?

#14 kooki

kooki

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Hi! I ran Bioschecker but unfortunately it says bioses are unknown. Here is what it says exactly:
Chip Type TSOP Reflashed (AMD-Am29F080B)

512k Bioses:
1. Bios UNKNOWN (1259751894)
2. Bios UNKNOWN (1259751894)

256k Bioses:
1. Bios UNKNOWN (3303282788)
2. Bios UNKNOWN (3303282788)
3. Bios UNKNOWN (3303282788)
4. Bios UNKNOWN (3303282788)

Could someone tell me please what to do now. Is there another way to find out about the bios?

cheers
kooki

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Run XBPartitioner 1.1. If it complains about the BIOS not supporting LBA48 then you need to reflash with a newer BIOS. Use Evox to do the flashing, and flash X2.5035. Make sure you use the right version of X2.5035 for your Xbox.

Edited by Heimdall, 09 April 2011 - 12:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users