X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Women, gaming & Roots Rock Reggae
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Just how many disc read errors are we going to see, particularly with older drives, if this does get released?

Edited by ca102455, 01 April 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#92 krandor

krandor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(ca102455 @ Apr 1 2011, 05:33 PM) View Post

Just how many disc read errors are we going to see, particularly with older drives, if this does get released?

Stuff like that is pribably the point of this update preview so that MS can identify any issues like that before they go into wide spread production on these.

#93 Rick_S

Rick_S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:59 AM

Looks like I may have been accepted. The Xbox Live Update channel on Microsoft Connect has now moved active and I can access it. It looks as though there will be two groups for the update. Some will get the update from live through an update and then will be able to use the Halo Reach game. The others will get the update from the disc itself instead of thru live. Participants will get an Xbox Beta Channel added to their xbox once it is fully registered (mine doesn't have this yet) and it will show which group you will be in. From the Microsoft connect site, I should be in the Live update group.

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

#94 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

Looks like im in too, im in the "Disc" group.

#95 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

Just a heads up, people: If you signed up and are accepted, Microsoft has a legal right to do a lot of awful things to you (your console, XBL account, etc.) if you talk about this Preview Program or divulge information in any way. You have signed an NDA, which is a legally-binding contract, agreeing not to disclose anything about the program. Be aware of that if you should decide to discuss it publicly.

#96 Rick_S

Rick_S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Agreed, I hadn't planned on giving any play by play's. Just really trying to let people know it looks as thought it has started. There was more info there. What I stated was just my simplified overview and was far from everything there. I totally understand what you are saying though, and will not say anything else that could be taken as divulging secrets.

Not that they'd have any way of tieing me to my xbox from anything here... wink.gif

#97 TuRmITeS47

TuRmITeS47

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

It'll be interesting to see if everything runs smoothly with this or it causes people problems

#98 insidedrive2011

insidedrive2011

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

Just got the game right now via fedex.

comes with a letter. it says...

" only use the disc provided in a registered preview console. failure to comply with this note will result in a non-preview consoles unable to connect until final release of software to the world"

comes in green case. no labels whatsoever. no cover art nor manuals. there is no label/art on the disc it self.
has the same warning on the disc and says not for resale.

Edited by insidedrive2011, 11 April 2011 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users