• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ramblin2208

ramblin2208

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

I bought a modded xbox today. I played it where i bought it. Played great. Brought it home and hooked it up and nothing. It powers on but no audio or video. Can someone give an idea. I know this is an old system but I am an old guy lol Thanks in advance

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

It could be amost anything and without more details I don't think you'll get much useful help.

How is the Xbox modded (chipped, TSOP, softmodded)?

What dash was it seen booting to, a hacked one or original MS?

What region (PAL/NTSC) is the Xbox and your TV?

What cable connection type are you using ie. Composite, S-Video. Component or SCART and what was the seller using? The same cable?

What is the front LED light colour? Does it blink?

My guess, from the fact it was working before and now you've got it home you're not getting any picture or sound, is that it is a connection issue of some type, possibly to do with the cable or your TV/settings.

#3 ramblin2208

ramblin2208

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

It had a hacked dashboard. I think it was softmodded.NTSC. It has the original cables that came with it. The light is orange. It blinks when you put a disc in but other than that it stays on. Im sorry I dont know much about it. Thanks for reply tho

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

The orange LED should mean it has a hacked dash/softmodded and the fact it's not doing anything else suggests that it is otherwise working properly.

Everything is NTSC ie. Xbox and TV there should be no problem there. Even if it had been region changed you'd see something and the audio should be OK.

But, lets get this clear, you're getting no picture at any stage when you turn it on?

I have to ask this so sorry if it sounds patronising but are you sure the connectors are all seated properly, in their correct sockets and TV is tuned to the correct AV input channel?

If all is good that all leads back to the cable which we have to assume is not faulty as it was working only just before you bought it. What colour RCA/Phono connectors does it have?

With a Component cable (BLUE/GREEN/RED with RED/WHITE audio out and possibly a YELLOW Composite or 4 pin S-Video) there could be a small switch on that to flip between SD and HD output.

If it's not that I'm not sure what to suggest other than try it on another TV and/or with another cable. Maybe the original seller could help you out.

Edited by fallenangle, 01 April 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#5 ramblin2208

ramblin2208

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:20 PM

Thanks for replys but its working now. Left it sit all day and it fired right up. Thanks again

#6 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

That was going to be my other suggestion. wink.gif

If only every problem could be resolved so easily.

#7 karen123456

karen123456

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

It's very glad to read that,thanks.pellet mill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users