XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:03 AM

so i currently have my jtag connected to my pc via a gigabit router now as of months ago it was working fine and since then i havent changed ANYTHING on my setup and now when i open flashfxp and try to connect it doesnt work (yes i tried xexmenu and fsd )

any tips or ideas?

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:19 AM

Not to be that guy, but are you connecting to the right IP address?

#3 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 3 2011, 03:19 AM) View Post

Not to be that guy, but are you connecting to the right IP address?

yup
same ip as listed via xexmenu and official xbox dash and fsd (even tried removing the default xbox passwordss for ftp and still no go)

i have a feeling its something on the jtag itself cause even filezilla wont connect with the same steps i ttok via flashfxp

#4 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Make sure you aren't missing something obvious. Make sure to check and see if the ethernet cable is plugged in. Make sure that your Xbox is connecting to the same gateway that your PC is. IE, make sure that if your PC is wireless and your Xbox is wired that they aren't connecting to different IPs for the router. There are probably some other things that I am missing, but I can't think of them right now.

#5 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE(Twis7eD @ Apr 3 2011, 03:39 AM) View Post

Make sure you aren't missing something obvious. Make sure to check and see if the ethernet cable is plugged in. Make sure that your Xbox is connecting to the same gateway that your PC is. IE, make sure that if your PC is wireless and your Xbox is wired that they aren't connecting to different IPs for the router. There are probably some other things that I am missing, but I can't think of them right now.

ethernet cable is plugged in thats how im getting the ip's to use (did double check all cables and all are fine)

#6 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Why use FTP when you can use Samba?

I'd also boot into Xellous and see if you are able to load it's http page from your PC.

Edited by tk_saturn, 03 April 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#7 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

If he hasn't changed anything for months, he doesn't have a version of FSD which has a Samba server. He'd need to update to be able to use that feature.

If I remember correctly, FileZilla has had issues FTPing to 360s, so it's not surprising that wouldn't work. Try FlashFXP on another computer as well. tk_saturn's suggestion is also a good one. That will help isolate whether the problem is in your networking setup or just FTP.

#8 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 3 2011, 05:05 AM) View Post

Why use FTP when you can use Samba?

I'd also boot into Xellous and see if you are able to load it's http page from your PC.

i can access Xellous http page from my pc (it happens to be the same ip im trying to ftp to on my jtag)

also note that i updated to most recent fsd release that fsd found when connected to net and when im in fsd i can access the fsd ip on firefox n its asking for username and password (tried xbox for both but didnt work)

Edited by XIXIX, 03 April 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#9 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE(XIXIX @ Apr 3 2011, 10:09 AM) View Post

i can access Xellous http page from my pc (it happens to be the same ip im trying to ftp to on my jtag)

also note that i updated to most recent fsd release that fsd found when connected to net and when im in fsd i can access the fsd ip on firefox n its asking for username and password (tried xbox for both but didnt work)

also note i tried to ftp from a different computer and still no access

(double post cause edit button disappeared)

#10 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(XIXIX @ Apr 3 2011, 05:00 PM) View Post

also note i tried to ftp from a different computer and still no access
(double post cause edit button disappeared)

anyone help me with setting up samba?

#11 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

If you want to use Samba, you'll have to update FSD to the latest version. Once you update, you can turn on the Samba server in the FSD settings. Then access the server from your PC via the network.

#12 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 4 2011, 03:49 AM) View Post

If you want to use Samba, you'll have to update FSD to the latest version. Once you update, you can turn on the Samba server in the FSD settings. Then access the server from your PC via the network.

already updated and enabled, just never used samba before lol so no clue where to go next

#13 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

Samba is cross-platform network file sharing software. You don't have to do much. Supposedly FSD allows you to browse your console by name, but I have to browse via IP address.

Here's what I do (I have Windows 7; it might be different for older versions): open up Windows Explorer, select the address bar, type \\IP_ADDRESS_HERE (the name from the settings in FSD might also work) and hit enter. It should load up the shares from your console.

Edited by Aldanga, 04 April 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#14 XIXIX

XIXIX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 4 2011, 04:13 AM) View Post

Samba is cross-platform network file sharing software. You don't have to do much. Supposedly FSD allows you to browse your console by name, but I have to browse via IP address.

Here's what I do (I have Windows 7; it might be different for older versions): open up Windows Explorer, select the address bar, type \\IP_ADDRESS_HERE (the name from the settings in FSD might also work) and hit enter. It should load up the shares from your console.

sweet thanks tons as far as im concerned now...YOU ARE A GOD lol

does this site not have a +rep button? lol

Edited by XIXIX, 04 April 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#15 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

On mine once Samba is enabled, the console appears in the network section of Windows Explorer as whatever you choose to call it in FSD2's settings. If you then map drives to HDD, MU etc they will appear as drives in Window Explorer and any application can use them as if there were present in the PC. They even have the freespace indicated.

Hence, why I suggested ditching FTP as Samba is so much better. Take quickboot for example: if you map HDD to a drive and tell quickboot to search that mapped drive, it will go though the consoles HDD and create a quickboot container for every single xex file it finds on the drive. Programs like Modio etc also can now access the consoles drives.

Edited by tk_saturn, 04 April 2011 - 08:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users