• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pdub2520

Pdub2520

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Mainly this is for knowledge i dont have a big enough xbox harddrive to really put all of my games on it nor do i really care to swap harddrives on it... i am at my g/fs house 30 miles away from my console and games.. so this is mainly just for knowledge.. and i apologise for dragging on with EXTREMELY horrible grammar/punctuation....

cutting to the chase : My (i believe toshiba) DVD Drive has gone out pretty much... wont read dvds or games.. cds and cdrs its fine with depending on the brand and such.. i have unleash x softmodded to my console and such i understand fully FTP and all that fun stuff my question is would i need a certain program to copy MY personally bought games to my pc or would it pretty much just be a drag and drop then throw into a folder on my xbox deal?

this question doesnt have any real priority in my life lol just figured id ask since ive been up 5 hours later than i should be and have just randomly gone post to post with many questions popping into my head sorry for the useless babble again tongue.gif

Edited by Pdub2520, 03 April 2011 - 08:51 AM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

As far as I know, the only way to backup retail xbox games with a PC is with a specially modified PC DVD-Rom drive called a Kreon drive. Using this method would also require that you burn the resulting images to DVD-9.

You would be better off hunting down a replacement xbox dvd-rom drive to rip your retails the old fashioned way.

I could be wrong tho. I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the developments in the Xbox 360 scene and there may be some new advancements that I don't know of coming from that direction.

#3 Pdub2520

Pdub2520

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

awesome ill def be able to look it up a little better with the information you gave me most of the time i get to a dead end point where i feel i dont have a keyword or an idea to search for but that helps tremendously thanks a bunch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users