• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

..and make it look professional!

See Here

If you like my blog, be sure to follow me!
Thanks!

#2 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:08 AM

Yes it is a great guide just wondering will you make one of installing a HUB into a xbox i know how but it would be a great guide as you make very detailed guides.

#3 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

Just for you BuraddoX, I'm going to make a requests section for my blog. ::wink::
To answer your question: yes.. give me a couple days. I have an annoying work schedule this week... but this is something that I have wanted to cover for a while. I have a hub all ready to go too smile.gif

Thanks!!

edit: you mean a USB hub, right?

Edited by crusty_punk, 04 April 2011 - 06:28 AM.

#4 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(crusty_punk @ Apr 4 2011, 06:27 AM) View Post

Just for you BuraddoX, I'm going to make a requests section for my blog. ::wink::
To answer your question: yes.. give me a couple days. I have an annoying work schedule this week... but this is something that I have wanted to cover for a while. I have a hub all ready to go too smile.gif

Thanks!!

edit: you mean a USB hub, right?

Cool thanks yeah i mean a USB hub i have one ready to go as well just waiting for my xbox to come in the mail happy.gif im sure your blog will get more people over time happy.gif.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Very neat job, but a couple of minor corrections:

It's not that "the newest version of XBMC can not read anything above 4gb", it's the Xbox itself that can't read any USB device above 4GB.

Also, you've missed the most important bit in terms of making the dongle work, about figuring out which USB pins connect to which Xbox plug pins. This document has all the details, so you might want to link to it, or re-use the contents. smile.gif

#6 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 4 2011, 05:28 AM) View Post

Very neat job, but a couple of minor corrections:

It's not that "the newest version of XBMC can not read anything above 4gb", it's the Xbox itself that can't read any USB device above 4GB.

Also, you've missed the most important bit in terms of making the dongle work, about figuring out which USB pins connect to which Xbox plug pins. This document has all the details, so you might want to link to it, or re-use the contents. smile.gif

thanks man... I fixed the XBMC thing and added an "Edit" to the bottom of the post. check it out.

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

Excellent, but I think you misunderstood me. You DON'T match the colours, you have to connect the correct pins at end A to the correct pins at end B. The problem you had (all black wires) is just an extreme version of the problems other people have had with non-standard wire colours.

In other words, if you are lucky and your Xbox controller lead (which may be a cheap third party one) and your USB lead (which is almost always cheap!) all use the "standard" colours then all you do is match the colours, but if not then you have to work out which colour corresponds to each pin, and connect the colours so that the correct pins end up connected together. Unfortunately there's no way to generalise this, you just have to do a continuity test on each cable, then connect Data+ to Data+, Data- to Data-, +5V to +5V and Gnd to Gnd sad.gif

It's also worth noting for correctness that the Gnd pin is ground, not -5V. The document I linked to contains that error.

Also, you've linked back to your own document instead of the pdf file smile.gif

#8 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:58 AM

Bugger the messy adapter cable, this is the only way to go tongue.gif

USB port mod

Edited by hangover, 08 April 2011 - 05:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users