• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Warnwar

Warnwar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

A few years back I softmodded my xbox with ndure 3.0. I probably followed one of the many tutorials on the web at the time. After a while I gave the xbox to my brother, who proceeded to break the softmod. The xbox displayed error code 21, so I thought this would be an easy fix.

Here's what I did:
I used xplorer360 with hotswap to delete the broken softmod files in the C: and E: drives. I then loaded a fresh copy of ms dash 5960 on the xbox. I then tried to re-softmod the xbox, but it hasn't been working. I've tried about 5 different ndure tutorials, but the modded dashboards do not load. No matter what settings I use in ndure, the xbox loads some kind of xbox live dash that doesn't even work right.

I made about 15 different cds with many different settings in ndure, but no matter what I do I get this problem...

My questions are: is this a problem anyone has heard of before? Did I delete too much with xplorer360? Am I overlooking something obvious?

In case it matters:
I have xbox v1.6
If I delete everything on the C: and E: drives and put ms dash back on, the xbox is fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

See the link in my signature - softmod with hotswap. It tells you exactly which NDURE 3.1 and xboxhdm options to use, and in what order.

If you have the eeprom then you should use softmod with eeprom instead - hotswapping runs the risk of breaking your Xbox or your hard drive. If you don't have your eeprom then the first thing you should do after softmodding is take a copy of your eeprom and back it up!

Edited by Heimdall, 04 April 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#3 Warnwar

Warnwar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

You sir, are amazing. Thank you for the help.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

Glad you got it sorted smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users