• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 volturb40

volturb40

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

Apologies i've tried to search but for some reason it won't let me and i've flicked through a heap of pages and i can't find the answer i'm looking for.

I've got a Philips 16D2S-09C 83850C that keeps giving me open tray i've open it and cleaned it up and sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn't , the tray jams etc , so i've decided to replace the whole drive .

I believe there are different types of Philips drive's 74850 etc , that i'm seeing for sale , would these work or do i have to go for the 83850C ???

I also see its not as simple as removing two plugs and replacing drives you have to flash in the new drive , this is beyond me as i haven't the tools etc , so my plan was to put the old PCB out of the old drive into the new , would this work ok.

Thanks i'll appreciate any info smile.gif

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

in your case the problem sounds to be the elastic rubber band that is responsible of closing and opening the tray. replace it with the same size and will be ok.

#3 volturb40

volturb40

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Apr 5 2011, 10:59 PM) View Post

in your case the problem sounds to be the elastic rubber band that is responsible of closing and opening the tray. replace it with the same size and will be ok.

Thanks for your info but i'm finding the laser is not sitting in the correct position either which i also believe gives me open tray and i've to manually reset it by hand before it will play games so i'd rather replace the drive.

So could anyone advise me of the drive info please ????????????? , thanks

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

You should just get the same brand and model (Lite-On 16D2S 83850C) and just swap the dvd daughter boards to get the correct key with it.

good luck.

#5 volturb40

volturb40

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Apr 6 2011, 09:06 AM) View Post

You should just get the same brand and model (Lite-On 16D2S 83850C) and just swap the dvd daughter boards to get the correct key with it.

good luck.

Thanks i appreciate your help smile.gif

Had another look this morning and have fixed it just now (Hopefully) with a plastic washer to stop the laser jamming so we will see , but if that fails i'll do as you suggested and replace like with like smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users