• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Loves to mod gaming consoles.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

Hey everyone i want your help on this what i want to do is install a USB HUB its a 2.0 usb can that be used on the xbox i know how to solder and everything else i just want to know if this hub will work as it is a Transformers Revenge of the Fallen USB HUB from 2009 and it has the color wires i have pictures i will upload them after.thanks for any help with this

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

Pictures won't make any difference - if it works when you plug it in to the Xbox with a cable then it will work after you install it.

#3 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:43 AM

exactly what Heimdall said. BUT I would like to see pictures of it as I am a HUGE Transformers fan. If you can open it, I would be curious to see what the inside looks like. Also, I'll be working on my internal USB hub tutorial tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Is it the Blaster one of the Optimus Prime one?

#4 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Yeah i am a huge transformers fan too, but yeah i have it already opened im going to install it without the transformers case on it as it works great on my computer so i thought might as well use it for my other xbox as i love using USB HUBS plus i haven't got a cable to plug it into my xbox so i can't test it like that.Picture soon
yeah it isn't the Blaster one of the Optimus Prime one its a silver 4 port USB HUB its kinda small you will see when the pic is up

Edited by BuraddoX, 07 April 2011 - 03:02 AM.

#5 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(BuraddoX @ Apr 6 2011, 10:00 PM) View Post

plus i haven't got a cable to plug it into my xbox so i can't test it like that.

Make one of these! tongue.gif

or email me your address and I'll send you the one I made in that tutorial. (email addy on my blog)

#6 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(crusty_punk @ Apr 7 2011, 04:51 AM) View Post

Make one of these! tongue.gif

or email me your address and I'll send you the one I made in that tutorial. (email addy on my blog)

Thanks but that's ok man im going to make one using your guide happy.gif
added picture
IPB Image
told you it was small also the reason why one is black is cause i sanded it.

Edited by BuraddoX, 07 April 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#7 crusty_punk

crusty_punk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

you said that you wanted it in port 4 right?

Basically what you're going to want to do it trim back the plastic on the male wire to expose the individual wires a bit more, clip, strip, tin and set the male socket aside. Then remove port 3/4 from your xbox, make note which one is actually port 4, crack open the metal shielding from around the port, de-solder all 5 wires (red, white, green, yellow, black) making note of what wires went to what pin.

Next, take the wires that you just de-soldered from the xbox port and match them, color for color, to the male wire coming from your hub. (center left in your picture.. above the sanded port) Plug it back in to the mother board, turn your xbox back on, put a UBS device into every slot, one by one and test to see which one should be routed back to port 4. (your xbox should tell you what you have plugged into what port depending on what dashboard you're using)

Once you figure that out, de-solder the wires from the female end of the USB port (from the hub) and re-solder them (back to port 4), using your notes... or better yet a picture.

That should do it... If you want to sacrifice port 4 to have 4 USB ports, that's cool, but now you should have 3 available USB ports to work with.
My hub that I'll be using today will be a little different but the basic concept will be the exact same. The tutorial should be up later today.

I hope that helped and if there is anything that I left out or made a mistake on that another member can correct, please do so to help our brother out.

Thanks,
Josh

P.S. That looks to me like a self powered hub. If it has a socket for external power make sure that you never exceed +5v. My first hub install, a hundred years ago, I made a crucial mistake by routing +12v to it and it blew up a controller that I had just bought. (not literally but the rumble motors went berserk, the controller popped and it never worked again)

Edited by crusty_punk, 07 April 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#8 BuraddoX

BuraddoX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

Thanks heaps man yeah it does power its self though just usb plus thanks for all the help guys i will be installing the hub into my xbox maybe later just not right now as im busy doing other things.happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users