22 replies to this topic

#16 winotron

winotron

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

I tried it again, but I am not able to get the 160gb drive working as retail either, using the exact same files that will get the retail 10gb drive back to retail and work fine.

So, what does this mean? My only other idea is to just try this on another computer...though I have very strong doubts it will make any difference seeing as this computer can get the 10gb retail drive to work just fine.

#17 LDC Vortex

LDC Vortex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

I am Stuck At The MS/Xbox LOGO, i had it retail, then tried xboxhdm 2.2 only to get this freeze, is there something i am not doing right that might make this??? any help appreciated, Hailz From SoCal, Keep The Metal Faith Alive \m/[size=6]

#18 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(LDC Vortex @ May 20 2011, 04:11 AM) View Post

I am Stuck At The MS/Xbox LOGO, i had it retail, then tried xboxhdm 2.2 only to get this freeze, is there something i am not doing right that might make this??? any help appreciated, Hailz From SoCal, Keep The Metal Faith Alive \m/[size=6]

I can't help but your new post is rather lost in this thread so other people who might actually be able to could easiily have missed it.

If you've followed the tutorials and/or advice Heimdall gave the OP here and still have had no luck I suggest asking anew in the Newbie Forum. I also recommend you stick to the default font for your posts too unless you need a larger size for disability reasons.

Edited by fallenangle, 21 May 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#19 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

try downloading HeXEn.(see my signature) after you have downloaded it, unpack the ISO and extract the stock C files from it and replace the ones on your USB with these new ones. i have reason to believe that the stock C from the torrent you downloaded may be corrupt.(not sure why)

then start over again and see if it works.

#20 LDC Vortex

LDC Vortex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ May 21 2011, 11:17 AM) View Post

try downloading HeXEn.(see my signature) after you have downloaded it, unpack the ISO and extract the stock C files from it and replace the ones on your USB with these new ones. i have reason to believe that the stock C from the torrent you downloaded may be corrupt.(not sure why)

then start over again and see if it works.

Hopefully after this ill have a working softmod, ive gotten ok at hotswapping, and now i know that my xbox likes the Jumper on the CS, since it displayed error 7 if it wasnt there, the xboxhdm disc works wonders for me, now with hxboxhdm2.2 this should be great, thanks for the post man, Hailz From SoCal, Keep The Metal Faith Alive \m/

#21 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

when using XBOXHDM2.2 set the jumper to master. then switch it back when your done.

#22 LDC Vortex

LDC Vortex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE(spliff721 @ May 21 2011, 12:52 PM) View Post

when using XBOXHDM2.2 set the jumper to master. then switch it back when your done.

so i replace the files on HDM/c and the hdm/ndure/c ???? the ndure C has way less stuff in some and alot of different things in others too??

#23 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

just replace the files in HDM/C. you should also try deleting the ndure/C and E folders and redoing Ndure. this time choose only core files, unknown kernel and then create XBOXHDM installer. then transfer over the C and E it creates and try to softmod again.

im not sure why, but it seems that some people have more luck this way. i have used the method in the tutorial dozens of times and it always works for me, but some people have problems....

if installing ndure still fails(error 21), try restoring it to retail buy choosing option 2, then type XBOXHD and create xbox HDD from scratch.

Edited by spliff721, 21 May 2011 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users