kolosus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

I'm sorry guys. I've flashed my TSOP with a bad bios and now I get the three boot flags and I'm not sure about how to go about reviving it... Some people have had my problem but that was years ago and I cannot get hold of the chips they used to solve their problem...

I have a 1.2 xbox. With a ST tsop. So I was using the HeXEn disk and flashed the tsop with M8+. All was well. But idiot me decided to modify the bios a bit. So I used evtool and modified it and used Evolution from my hdd to flash it. All was still well but then I decided a little more bios modification was necessary. So I modified the bios with evtool and reflashed. All went seemingly well but now my xbox wont boot!

When I press the power button I get a green ring for a second but then it turns off. Comes back on again for another second and turns back off. Then it comes back on again but this time it flashes green and red. I think its called christmas lights, or frag....

Ok. So that was the situation. But now my question. What can I do to revive this xbox? I understand that I can use this mod chip and that mod chip to fix this but the problem is that those mod chips are not around for sale any more! What is a viable solution? I'm not adverse to spending a few dollars to fix this or waiting for my solution to ship from china... but I need something that'll work. As I mentioned before the solutions that I've found after 2-3 days of searching are all so old and require a chip or another that isn't on the market anymore.

Please help.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Your only option is to permanently install a chip. You can get DuoX2 chips from litspliff in BST for $13.

#3 gen13

gen13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:04 AM

I have the same issue. I don't want a chip on there permanently. How can I reflash the original tsop ?

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

There is one other option, but isn't easy by any means.

It is possible to build your own modchip, commonly referred as a 29-wire homebrew. For this you will need an old PC that has a motherboard with a socketed bios chip and a floppy disk drive (to be used to program your homebrew chip), a spare chip and socket of the same type (to be used for the actual modchip), a soldering iron, a floppy disk, and some patience. Once it is built, you can reflash your TSOP, and then either leave it installed, as a sort of back door in case this happens again, or you can remove it.

All of this stuff (with the exception of the PC) can be obtained fairly cheap. Maybe even free if you have a bunch of old pc crap laying around or know someone who does.

This will however only be an option for those that are "technically inclined".

Apart from this, and Heimdall's suggestion, there are no other options.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 12 September 2011 - 06:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users