Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:40 AM

Dash Launch v2.20
Posted by XanTium | April 6 21:40 EST | News Category: Xbox360

cOz released a new version of Dash Launch build for JTAG 360s.

What's new/fixed:
* export option info along with the rest of dash launch info struct export
* add multi version compatibility to installer and plugin
* add 12625 patch set and offsets
* new LIVE content hook patching, does auto yaris swap as well as extracted XBLA should work more consistently (hopefully)
- added unhandled exception handler, dumps except info to UART/file and exits to dash/default item when apps don't have their own exception handler (instead of crash), disable by setting 'exchandler = false' in ini file.
* added ini path setting (dumpfile) for capturing crash logs to a file, capture device must be connected at console boot time
* added 'safereboot' option for those who have JTAG that have applied blackaddr's smc reboot fix, instead of 'hard' reboot
* added option to enable debug strings to print to UART
* adjusted patches to remove default UART hooking (less chance of string collision/overlap using DbgPrint via debug out option)
* corrected a bug in the flasher ini update settings in regard to noupdater, it was setting nosysexit instead of noupdater value
* added live "blocker", reroutes requests to resolve DNS names to loopback
* added "livestrong" option to use an alternate list of DNS to block
* added ini option to set how long buttons are watched for at boot time
* embedding current versions external files into installer, no more messy directory; original paths still work and take priority over embedded files

Official Site: n/a, by cOz
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
Full Readme/NFO: xbins.org

#2 CLK Rebellion

CLK Rebellion

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

I'm not too familiar with JTAG stuff, but it seems as though this had a lot of the stuff that people were really looking for such as "blocking" LIVE connection.

Great work.

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

Very nice - I keep my XBL blocked at the router level which kinda sucks for weather/game icon and pic sets. I will feel less paranoid with the new DNS features =D

#4 moeom

moeom

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Apr 6 2011, 11:12 PM) View Post

Very nice - I keep my XBL blocked at the router level which kinda sucks for weather/game icon and pic sets. I will feel less paranoid with the new DNS features =D

Wait a minute...how are you supposed to get these features if you cannot connect to LIVE? I'd like to have these...

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE(moeom @ Apr 6 2011, 11:46 PM) View Post

Wait a minute...how are you supposed to get these features if you cannot connect to LIVE? I'd like to have these...

FreeStyleDash (FSD) the alternative dashboard for JTAG 360s has its own sources for screenshots and boxart, they are completely separate from xbox live and retail xbox 360's.

#6 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Nice job again. Does anyone know if this will support real time editing/memory editing and Xbox1 games together on the 12625 kernel? I don't see a point in updating unless I can keep my current features. I don't want to lose things like memory editing.

#7 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(moeom @ Apr 7 2011, 04:46 AM) View Post

FSD2 retrieves screenshots and game covers from catalog.xboxlive.com [65.55.42.202]. All you have to is block all of Microsoft's IP range (65.54.0.1-65.55.255.255) in your routers firewall and then add an exception for that single address.

It's what i've done for ages.

Would prefer the files to be seperate rather than embeded in a default.xex, I prefer to build FreeBoot images with DashLaunch in from the start.

Edited by tk_saturn, 07 April 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#8 RRoD420

RRoD420

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 7 2011, 01:27 AM) View Post

FSD2 retrieves screenshots and game covers from catalog.xboxlive.com [65.55.42.202]. All you have to is block all of Microsoft's IP range (65.54.0.1-65.55.255.255) in your routers firewall and then add an exception for that single address.

Would prefer the files to be seperate rather than embeded in a default.xex, I prefer to build FreeBoot images with DashLaunch in from the start.

Really, what's the difference if you build the freeboot image with the dash launch patches pre installed or if you run the installer .xex after flashing freeboot? You have to do a second flash I guess but i've never had any problem. They embedded all the files into the installer on this one.

#9 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 6 2011, 10:27 PM) View Post

You should really check a bit more often than once... a catalog is pulled from catalog.* which usually points to other servers depending on region. During busy times the DNS will be routed to datacenters outside the IP range you mention, but usually closer to your location.

<cough>xextool<cough>extract resources<cough>

Wow, I really should get my throat checked I think blink.gif

#10 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:20 AM

Should the applied patches prevent me from updating avatar data with the 12611 update? I got a new HDD and updated Dash Launch. Now my console won't run the update. I tried USB, but don't have any newer games with the update so I can't check if USB is the issue.

#11 razkar

razkar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 7 2011, 08:20 AM) View Post

Should the applied patches prevent me from updating avatar data with the 12611 update? I got a new HDD and updated Dash Launch. Now my console won't run the update. I tried USB, but don't have any newer games with the update so I can't check if USB is the issue.

If you have a freeboot image with 12625 kernel you will need the full m$ 12625 update and rename it $$systemupdates (it's written in the nfo smile.gif)

#12 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Is the hacked xbox 1 emulator fixed with this yet?

I don't have a way to know at this moment... just asking smile.gif thanks!

#13 shooter54

shooter54

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(krizalid @ Apr 7 2011, 10:11 AM) View Post

Is the hacked xbox 1 emulator fixed with this yet?
I don't have a way to know at this moment... just asking smile.gif thanks!

I think NO, when i load a Xbox One game the Box shut´s down.

#14 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

It's clear [c0Z] has been busy with this, and it is... appreciated.

I have an issue with Crackdown and it's DLC with my normal profile (but not with a fresh profile). On starting the game I get a corrupt DLC messege then the console hard reboots (which doesn't look good). Went to see if soft reboot was nicer to the console as I assumed Crackdown would crash as usual; Dashlaunch handles the error and the game continues (and the DLC still works). Nice feature to have added (I know, it's mentioned in the ini).

There may be a slight bug, it may just be from how it works or I may just be misunderstanding it. Since 12611 like others i've had the issue where using the NXEmini to change to FSD2/ NXE etc would only work from within FSD2/ games/ homebrew etc and not from the NXE itself. Changing nosysexit to true it fixes this. However, if you do that selecting System Settings from NXEmini takes you back to your default item and not System Settings unless you are already in NXE. Not be able to go to system settings from NXEmini I can live with, but not being able to use NXEmini to go back to FSD from NXE was driving me up the wall. Might be better to have nosysexit default to true instead of false.

Edited by tk_saturn, 07 April 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#15 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Is there a limit to how much you can reduce boot delay to? I tried 0x1 and it's no faster than 0x1A (auto sign in still works regardless, and I can still control what it boots into). My console has taken an extra 2-3 seconds to sync controller on startup for the last few DL revisions, and dropping the boot delay fixes it. But I was expecting bootdelay to control the delay after it syncs controller?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users