#16 seaweavil

seaweavil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(budtoka420 @ Apr 10 2011, 03:57 PM) View Post

run the 2.21 installer on your jtag and when it asks you to change settings say yes and say no when it asks you to block microsoft dns aggressively

Hmm I don't get that option when I run the installer? It just gives me the option to flash the freeboot updates the first time and then the second time it tells me I already have the updates.

Is it possible that because I am still on 12611 dash that I don't get that option menu? Do I have to have 12625?

Edited by seaweavil, 10 April 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#17 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

You need to have launch.ini on one of your storage devices. If it doesn't exist it won't ask you to change settings.

#18 seaweavil

seaweavil

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Apr 10 2011, 04:18 PM) View Post

You need to have launch.ini on one of your storage devices. If it doesn't exist it won't ask you to change settings.

Ok thanks. I will just revert to my old nand and an earlier version then. Last time I messed around with the launch.ini I had all kinds of problems.

Actually I went ahead and tried it. Worked out pretty well. I just with there was an option to have that installed without a launch.ini file. Just makes me nervous I guess after the bad experience I had previously with it. Thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by seaweavil, 10 April 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#19 schubi

schubi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

do xbox1 games work with this version of dashlaunch ?

#20 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

They work for me.

#21 marcelosnp

marcelosnp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:32 AM

work in 12625 dash ?

#22 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:39 AM

Yes.

#23 Velocimodz

Velocimodz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

I'm having issues with this new version, everytime I do the update, it appears to write all 3 files to flash, but it never loads the correct options. I have this in my .ini on the root of USB.

[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_X = Usb:\FSD 2.0\default.xex
Default = Hdd:\FSD 2.0\default.xex
[Settings]
nxemini = true
pingpatch = true

So it should be loading from Hdd:\FSD 2.0\default.xex by default, I have checked the shortcuts a million times and it is definitely correct and the same as I always use. It only boots to NXE. Even if I have a USB hdd with FSD 2.0 on it and hold X during startup, it still only boots NXE. I can run the shortcut manually thru xex menu so that is fine also.

Tried first on a Jasper and it corrupting the launch.ini file, after each dashlaunch update the .ini would be an empty file, all settings disappeared.

Can anyone think of what could be wrong here? Its got me stumped.

#24 ade2

ade2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Velocimodz @ Apr 13 2011, 07:05 AM) View Post

I'm having issues with this new version, everytime I do the update, it appears to write all 3 files to flash, but it never loads the correct options. I have this in my .ini on the root of USB.
So it should be loading from Hdd:\FSD 2.0\default.xex by default, I have checked the shortcuts a million times and it is definitely correct and the same as I always use. It only boots to NXE. Even if I have a USB hdd with FSD 2.0 on it and hold X during startup, it still only boots NXE. I can run the shortcut manually thru xex menu so that is fine also.

Tried first on a Jasper and it corrupting the launch.ini file, after each dashlaunch update the .ini would be an empty file, all settings disappeared.

Can anyone think of what could be wrong here? Its got me stumped.

I would try without a space in the folder name, if you haven't tried that...

#25 Velocimodz

Velocimodz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(ade2 @ Apr 13 2011, 01:27 PM) View Post

I would try without a space in the folder name, if you haven't tried that...

Yeah I have tried that and it worked. Strange that it never happened on other machines before tho.

Thanks buddy.

Can you confirm it allows games that require a higher dash 12655 to play on a 12611 freeboot? I haven't got any new games to try it with, but I presume thats what the hashcheck removing is about?

#26 Sturmie

Sturmie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I updated to 12611 back a few months back and use XexMenu 1.1 to only play games from the hard drive...if i want to play something new, like YooStar 2, do I need something like this new version of Dash Launch? I apologize for the newb question, I obviously don't play my JTAGGED system that often and have been reading up on Dash Launch...still trying to figure out if I NEED it or not.

Thanks...Sturmie

#27 korruptcow

korruptcow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:29 AM

I downloaded 2.21 from the usual xbins when i extract the folders in the installed directory i only get default.xex usually there is a media folder and a files folder in there too? Was this changed in this version or do i have a dodgy version of the patch? i don't want to flash until i find out smile.gif

#28 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

That's all there is.

#29 korruptcow

korruptcow

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

ok sweet thanks i'll give it a whirl

#30 drvsbsm

drvsbsm

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:57 AM

When I ran dashlaunch 2.0 last week It upgraded me to 12625 now, For some reason this took me back to 12611 can some one explain so I can get back to 12625? Some newer games require 12625 correct?

Edited by drvsbsm, 15 April 2011 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users