33 replies to this topic

#1 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

alright guys first of all its been quite a while since ive been here but everytime i used to run into a problem this would be the first place to look into.....anyways ive been working with xbox's for a while now but im new to this jtag. finally got a hold of an older model so decided to go for it....it looks like everything went well from dumping the NAND since i compared the files i dumped and they were all correct and matched. I kept following the tutorial to the T and it appeard that i had done it correctly since i was using "jtag Tool" well once i was done with everything and unplugged my xbox for 30 sec. i turn in back on and i can see the center green light comes up but nothing else happens...fans start to spin but nothing on the screen...on the other hand when i turn it on using the eject button it loads up to were i got my key from you know Fuse 01: 02..03 etc... i can see that load up but thats about it...i know this really sucks especially being new to this but this whole time i thought i was actually doing good until now....any ideas where did i go wrong? once again thanks for your help and time stopping by reading my problem.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:59 AM

I'd guess you have bad blocks somewhere in the NAND. I don't know how JTAG Tool does its thing, but the green eye of death tends to be bad blocks which weren't moved.

You can check for bad blocks in your dumps with 360 Flash Dump Tool.

#3 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

hey thanks for the fast reply. ok so lets say i do have a bad block how would i go about correcting that?

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:14 AM

You can manually move it when flashing or let XeLLous move it. Say your bad block is at 2EF.

CODE
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -r16 2EFbad.bin 2EF 1
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -w16 2EFbad.bin 3FF 1

That will read the block from your freeBOOT image and save it, then write it to the first block in the spare area.

(I hope my commands are correct. It's been a long time since I've used Nandpro. unsure.gif )

There's some more detailed info over at the Free60 Wiki.

Edited by Aldanga, 09 April 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#5 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

this is what i got from degraded 1.1

Note: Bad Block @ 0x5

Note: Bad Block @ 0x7B

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:31 AM

OK. If you take your freeBOOT image, run the commands

CODE
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -r16 5bad.bin 5 1
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -r16 7Bbad.bin 7B 1

To save the blocks and

CODE
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -w16 5bad.bin 3FF 1
nandpro freeBOOT.bin: -w16 7Bbad.bin 3FE 1

to write them to the spare area. Then flash that image. It should fix your problem, assuming you've had no other problems along the way.

Another, simpler way is using XeLLous. Just take your freeBOOT image, name it updflash.bin and put it on a flash drive. Then put that into the console and boot XeLLous with the eject button. It should flash the new image and move the blocks automatically. It's not the best at moving them, so it might not work, but it's worth a shot.

#7 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:55 AM

ok i tried what you told me to rename the bin and updated using the eject button..it updated and all then when i power cycle and turn on just the green middle light stays on and when i turn it on using the eject button same thing happens just the middle green button is on...????

Is there i can start from scratch or something? or am i pretty much A$$ed out?

Edited by robledjl, 09 April 2011 - 04:02 AM.

#8 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:03 AM

Did you remove the power cord for half a minute when you power cycled?

It sounds like XeLLous didn't move the blocks. There was a chance that would happen.

#9 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

i removed it for more than a minute.. hey thanks for being the only one trying to help me out here i love doing this things but its my first jtag and damn its been tough..anyways whats weird now is that before when i powered on with the eject button i was able to see something on the screen like fuses information and all that but now nothing is coming up thats why im worried that im done for....what do you think?

#10 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

It's a Friday night. People with social lives are out doing there thing while I'm sitting at home tinkering with my nerdy stuff. laugh.gif

Nah, you're fine. What showed before was XeLLous. The fact that it's not displaying anymore doesn't mean you're boned. It just means XeLLous can't boot because it can't access all its information.

I just went looking for JTAG Tool options/settings/whatnot, and it appears it has a built-in remapping function. Did you try that? (Here's a tut linked by coolshrimp.)

Edited by Aldanga, 09 April 2011 - 04:24 AM.

#11 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

yeah i hear you bro' im the same just chillin messing with this thing and the more i cant get it to work the more i want to work on getting it right im just stubborn. yeah i noticed there is a remapping toold for jtag tool...but to be honest i think i put the wrong bin....dammit i just noticed that instead of using the FreeBOOT.bin i used my Nand1.bin and changed the named to updflash.bin ...i think thats what messed up the XeLLous from booting up when powering with the eject button...is there a way i can put XeLLous back on there?

Edited by robledjl, 09 April 2011 - 04:36 AM.

#12 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:35 AM

That would do it. Try following coolshrimp's guide for "unmapping" and making a new image. It should work perfectly.

#13 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:36 AM

ok will do and ill be back with an update.

#14 robledjl

robledjl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:49 AM

ok ive been breaking my head trying to find where the bad blocks are located....i used degraded and 360 flash tool to look at the bad blocks and it shows which ones they are but doesnt tell me where are they located and i need to know so that i can remap them...also do i need to install xellous since i dont see it anymore...???

#15 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

Use 360 Flash Dump Tool. That will tell you where the blocks are located.

XeLLous will be installed when you flash your freeBOOT image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users