• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

I've been at this for about 24 hours now. I hooked together a USB male connection to the end of my Xbox controller, installed the drivers on Windows XP for the controller and the memory card (It's an official M$ mem card) and that's all fine and dandy. My Xbox's dashboard is V: 5960. So 1.6 and I have to use the SID exploit. I'm having SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much difficulty with transferring the MechAssault and SID Installer to the Memory Card. I've used Action Replay (Upteen different versions of it) on PC, Tried Mega X Key but the program's front end is all FUBAR and just shows me a few black boxes, Xplorer360, and FatXplorer. I am using MechAssault because I already own the correct copy to use (Already fell for that once). I keep seeing tutorials for Action Replay but I can't get the memory card to work with 1.0.5. grr.gif I saw the AR emblem at the top of the program illuminate When I inserted the memory card into the controller/save conduit and then it went gray. Then I took it out and it illuminated again but obviously went back to gray.

grr.gif :/

Help? I'm all confused with all these different tutorials and what not. And just need to get those files on the memory card. Thanks ^-^

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:00 PM

Can't help with the controller issue right now, but get Krazie's Ndure 1.1.1 instead of SID.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

Some versions of Xplorer 360 don't work. Use Xplorer360 beta 6, because that definitely works.

And +1 for Krayzie 1.1.1 instead of SID smile.gif

#4 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Okay, so I got those two pieces of software. What files do I need to inject? Just inject the whole "UDATA" folder? I tried doing this but I kept getting an error when injecting "unleashx.xbe". I'm using the v: 1.1 of the Krayzie MA installer. Thanks! biggrin.gif!

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Copy, not inject. You copy the numbered folder (4d530017 for MA) to the root of the memory card.

Edited by Heimdall, 09 April 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#6 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Alright. So I keep getting this every time I try to copy: "Cannot write cluster; clusterId 503 is out of range!" O_o

#7 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Sounds like the memory unit is running out of space. How big is the folder you're trying to copy?

Edited by Heimdall, 09 April 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#8 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

5.69MB O_o Should I format the memory card under Windoze, run chkdsk, then try again? Possible cluster error? o_o

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

You could try that - I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't work, even if it doesn't solve the problem.

The gamesave looks like it's the right size. Is the MU empty before you start?

#10 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yes it is. It's an 8MB card.

HAHA! I ran chkdsk and corrected the errors after I used Windoze's formatting tool and formatted it to FAT. Went upstairs to my Xbox, let the Xbox reformat it to FATX, and I copied the files and it finished copying! biggrin.gif! Brb MUST LIBERATE THE SYSTEM! WOO! ^_______^

I'll report back biggrin.gif

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

Excellent. Choose Basic Install - UnleashX Dashboard, and make sure you take a backup of the eeprom to your PC ASAP.

#12 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:49 PM

Success! My Xbox is now running the mod biggrin.gif Thanks! ^-^ Now to install a GNUx (GNU/Linux) distro....hmm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users