X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(kryno 696 @ Apr 26 2011, 12:54 PM) View Post

The new information is being edited within the original post at the beginning of this thread.

Yeah no kidding, that's my point. There is no indication as to where the new information is added/changed.

#17 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

What about Hitachi drives ? (79FL in my case).
I don't see any info regarding them, are they affected by the upcoming dashupdate ?

#18 darksideby182

darksideby182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Retroplay @ May 14 2011, 08:08 PM) View Post

What about Hitachi drives ? (79FL in my case).
I don't see any info regarding them, are they affected by the upcoming dashupdate ?

same here but i have a hitachi 47

#19 executiverocker

executiverocker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(darksideby182 @ May 14 2011, 08:34 PM) View Post

same here but i have a hitachi 47

Yeah same here again, I have the 47, can't seem to find much info about it...

#20 Jabo2k5

Jabo2k5

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:23 AM

You guys are retards. Go back to the first post and read the bit where it says "These are the only drives that are being flashed at present."

#21 darksideby182

darksideby182

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Jabo2k5 @ May 18 2011, 04:23 AM) View Post

You guys are retards. Go back to the first post and read the bit where it says "These are the only drives that are being flashed at present."

Oddly my post was on the 14th of may and the opening post was updated on the 15th.

#22 jetlip

jetlip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PS3
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

Thanks for the information.

#23 kryno 696

kryno 696

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Dashboard Release In Progress

Dashboard Release In Progress
Over the last 2 months your engagement in testing the latest Xbox Dashboard update has been super critical in getting us prepared to release the next update to the broader Xbox Community. We appreciate your participation in the program and are excited to announce that we are approaching the date when we can release this update.

Over the next few weeks we will be releasing the dashboard update (the specific build that you have been testing for the last couple of weeks) in a series of targeted updates to the broader Xbox Community. You will not be prompted for a subsequent update as you already have the latest version that is being released.

At the end of our official release process, we will send a final message letting you know that the program has completed and at that time your commitment for this Xbox LIVE Update Preview program will be complete.

Thank you for your time and commitment to improving Xbox.

IPB Image

click img to enlarge

That was the latest update I just read from Xbox LIVE Update Connect site, since I was involved with the beta program. So the good news is that anyone who has received the May 9th dashboard update (2.0.13146) is already up to pace! My flashed firmware (LT+) hasnt had any problems at all playing games online since the beginning..hopefully that'll continue.

Hopefully that answers some questions.

Edited by kryno 696, 19 May 2011 - 10:48 PM.

#24 Rammieone

Rammieone

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Live<br />Football <br />Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sorry wasnt too sure where to add this info or even if its any help!

Ok i have 3 xboxes running on live in my house 2 Phats (both Lt+ and updated this evening around 21.00 uk time) Now both are only playing there Orig games NO BACKUPS so seems bothe have the new firmware flashed on them.

One 9504 Slim and again Lt+ but no promt for the update yet connected at the same time playing the same game as well

#25 360ModNation

360ModNation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

My Sammy got the E66 Error immediately after my console turned off after I downloaded the first part of the update.

I just reflashed back to stock and it updated fine......then flashed back to LT and its playing games and the xval is clean.

For what that is worth.

I believe this happened with the Fall update with some Sammy's as well, but this is the first time I've had an issue updating. No big deal though.

#26 Rudedog9d

Rudedog9d

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

I don't know how they are doing the updates, because I have 2 Phat Xbox's- one White replaced by Microsoft about 1 1/2 ago (Xenon, All stock), the other has is an elite with Falcon and LT+ Neither of those have been asked to update yet, think their doing it by board type? I have a friend with an "older white one" that had to update, but he wouldn't be able to tell me the board type.

Anyways, hope somethin of that helps -BD {Rudedog Racin}

#27 360ModNation

360ModNation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:24 AM

They can't do all the updates at once........they go region to region and this time they are starting with specific drives (Slim liteon's then Phat liteon's and so on).

Also certain actions seem to prompt updates more quickly.....if you are just turning your console on and logging into xbox live it might not ask for an update, but if you try to launch Netflix or play a game it will.

Why are you so anxious to get an update that is has nothing of value to except "security measures" which don't help anyone they just hurt pirates. And before anyone says Paypal or Kinect Avatar those are separate updates.

Just relax it'll come.

#28 Trooper2821438

Trooper2821438

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

Ok... So what about a Samsung that hasnt been touched at all to begin with... never had the key extracted.. so i dont know what it is??? Im waiting on my equipment to come so that I can extract and play around with the firmware... but I also want to be able to play games on live UP UNTIL I have the firmware tool... Are we thinking that this new OFW that M$ is flashing erases the ability for JF or any other tools to see or extract the original key??? Or am I safe to update to the new dash.. then Flash whatever is the safest CFW when we have the knowledge??

#29 Trooper2821438

Trooper2821438

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

Ok... so basically... due to the fact that i do not have my DVD key (never flashed the drive, or even opened it up to have a look) and that i dont have it saved in a file for safekeeping, now that this new dash upgrade is coming through and flashing back to stock, and hiding the key(?) there is no way of dumping drive key through JF if I have never done a dump and secured the key??? So... in this case, if you have NEVER dumped the key or had access to it, you SHOULDNT update the dash until you dump the key outta the drive??? this is my concern : /

Im sorry if I am sounding confusing but I am new to this :/

#30 hockeyplyr591

hockeyplyr591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(Trooper2821438 @ May 25 2011, 05:22 AM) View Post

Ok... so basically... due to the fact that i do not have my DVD key (never flashed the drive, or even opened it up to have a look) and that i dont have it saved in a file for safekeeping, now that this new dash upgrade is coming through and flashing back to stock, and hiding the key(?) there is no way of dumping drive key through JF if I have never done a dump and secured the key??? So... in this case, if you have NEVER dumped the key or had access to it, you SHOULDNT update the dash until you dump the key outta the drive??? this is my concern : /

Im sorry if I am sounding confusing but I am new to this :/

jungleflasher will be coming out with an update with new ways to get the drive key... no need to freak out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users