• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 talkboxier

talkboxier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

So I posted before about how I wasn't able to access my F: drive from my Xbox or xplorer360. I used photorec which copied some files, but it was all garbley gook. It was nothing like the directories I'd hope to see. The good thing is that it did see that there was a 5th partition and that it still could be accessed. So now I am wondering if it is possible if I could access it with linux. Either with the pc edition with fatx support or through the xbox itself. So the question is: Is there a linux distribution that has fatx support? and how would I go about mounting the partition with either the pc or the xbox?

#2 memainman

memainman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:08 AM

quick question, how big is the HDD you are using in your xbox?

#3 talkboxier

talkboxier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:19 AM

320gb

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

Try xboxhdm 2.2 with hdm 3.0 addon for PC. On xbox, try x-dsl 0.71 beta with my patches. All experimental - I have no idea if it works for you.

http://sourceforge.n...xboxhdm2/files/

#5 talkboxier

talkboxier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

Ok so what am I doing with xboxhdm, and how do I go about compiling x-dsl with your patch? also, i have x-dsl for my xbox, how would i mount the f drive through there? i could possibly ftp the data.
I'm sorry if I am frustrating you with my very low i.q.

#6 talkboxier

talkboxier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:27 PM

Ok, So I used xlinux, found the drive, and saw that there was no hda55. So still it didn't see drive f. How can photorec see it, but nothing else cant? any other possible ways I can retrieve the data?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users