X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:43 AM

hi tere every body
, i need help , i want to connect to xbox live japanese market place , i have an ntsc/j console , and i play jap games , but i need to see the new contents of the japanese market place which i cant see any more,

i used to connect to it before , i had registered an account with japan as a local , 2 years ago and i was able to view the jap market , but i cant now , not any more , i can only see the uk place ,
did microsoft add a new method like ip detection , to redirect you to the local server , or what ?
i ve been trying for days now , with no luck , and i did a lot of search , and i found that the only thing needed is a jap local registration to get there ,but the info is from an old post ,
any help is appreciated

#2 jaki_kisur

jaki_kisur

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:45 AM

I'm not sure if you can, I heard the server was flooded with users.

Seriously though you can try a Japanese VPN and route your console through a Japanese IP. However, there will be high latency depending on your connection which can effect your download speed. Worth a try however to see if Microsoft are indeed using IP geolocation.

Edited by jaki_kisur, 10 April 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#3 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

ill be trying this soon , since there is no other options ,

#4 mr2000jp

mr2000jp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

i did a few tests , and found out that it has nothing to do with the ip ,
i created a new account on live.com and configured it as japanese , and created a new profile on xbox360 , and after connecting to live , it went direct to the japanese marketplace ,
so , that makes me feel better , but i think that means there is a problem with my account , i changed the local to japan in the email options , but it still give me the old UK marketplace ,
ill need to do much hard work to fix microsofts buggy thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users