Photo

Time/date Pops Up Before Booting To Xbmc?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Millertime2325

Millertime2325

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Messing with my xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

I'm not sure what the problem is, but every time I boot up the xbox (which goes to XBMC on default) it loads the time / date set screen first, then goes into XBMC.

I recall having this problem in the past, but I don't remember how to fix it, or if it was even a permanent fix.

Any suggestions?

:edit: I had one of my backups in the system when it just went from clock to xbmc, and when I take the backup out, it goes right to the xbox dash. I'm not sure what version softmod I used, but it says Linux Installer is the file name in the memory section, and it was from Splinter Cell. Any help? If I have to restart the entire process of softmodding I would be fine with that. Just need to figure it out soon as I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive this weekend.

Edited by Millertime2325, 12 April 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#2 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

try downloading HeXEn (google Heimdalls xbox engineering disc). Burn it to DVD-R and boot the xbox with it, it will turn your light red and then take about 45 sec to load. go to softmod section and upgrade your mod to krayzies 1.1.1. lets see if that fixes the issue

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

It will. smile.gif

#4 Millertime2325

Millertime2325

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

My other question though is I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive with XboxHDM and I've read that the Krayzie 1.1.1 complicates that immensely. Should I upgrade the drive first, then try to upgrade the softmod? Is that even possible? Thanks for the help so far, I'll be looking into that asap.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Krayzie 1.1.1 adds no complication at all - all softmod hard drive upgrades require a little more work than a chip/TSOP hard drive upgrade. Where did you read that Krayzie complicates the process immensely?

Upgrade the softmod with HeXEn, then use one of the softmod hard drive updgrade methods (see the link in my signature) to do the upgrade. If you decide to use lxhdm to do the hard drive upgrade then you can use HeXEn for that - it has a scripted lxhdm implementation to make your life easier. smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 12 April 2011 - 02:59 PM.

#6 Millertime2325

Millertime2325

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

I forgot what tutorial it was, but it said because the Krayzie version makes a Virtual C drive there are other steps you have to do in order to copy this C drive from the old hard drive to the new and the steps that I saw were way too complicated for the likes of me. Is it possible to upgrade the hard drive before installing the Krayzie files? Because if that's the case I'd rather do that, I just got a PC off craigslist to use XboxHDM and I feel like that's pretty easy to figure out, I just worry about the whole not booting to XBMC issue, and the Virtual C drive thing too. Maybe this should be in newbie chat lol, I know the basics of softmodding but I've never really gotten into upgrading the drive which is what I guess my new complication is.

#7 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Trust that krayzies 1.1.1 is very uncomplicated and the most recent and stable softmod out there. HeXEn can install it in a couple presses of the button. You can then use HeXEn to upgrade the new HDD. It is very simple and has detailed instructions for newbies.
also, should you decide to go with XBOXHDM check out version 2.2. Its newer, easier to use and is made to work on newer hardware. Should you decide to go that route, ill posta guide to help you upgrade your HDD.
I'm assumeing you still have splinter cell?

#8 Millertime2325

Millertime2325

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Yeah I still got Splinter Cell and a memory card, no action replay though but I can FTP the files to the box right now then copy it over to the memory card when it boots to the regular dash.

A fool proof tutorial would be extremely appreciated because I haven't seemed to find one. Thanks a ton!

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

You don't need to do that, and it wouldn't work - you can't upgrade a softmod by running a second softmod installer. Just grab HeXEn, burn it to DVD-R, and follow the instructions to upgrade the softmod to Krayzie 1.1.1 - and take a backup of your eeprom at the same time.

#10 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

I think he means for after he uses XBOXHDM to upgrade his HDD

But you should use HeXEn to update your current mod. HeXEn also installs a copy of the latst gamesave exploits. Then you can transfer them on to the mem card for after you use XBOXHDM to prep the new HDD.

#11 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ah, I see. I'd suggest that it's just as easy to build the new disk already modded with Kingroach NDURE 3.1, then use HeXEn to format the F/G partitions on the new disk - and possibly change the softmod to Krayzie if you want to.

#12 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

That does indeed cut out a step and probably save time. I'm just leery of kingroach these days. Lots of people seem to have trouble with it. I find it to be just as easy to build a retail HDD and then use splintercell to mod.

As easy as Ndure 3.1 is, your the one that always says that giving a newbie more option just leave more doors open to bork the mod. I've read a lot a lot of posts about people who just cant seem to get kingroach working properly. A monkey could install Krayzies. Lol, not that I'm comparing the OP to a monkey.

Edited by spliff721, 12 April 2011 - 10:26 PM.

#13 spliff721

spliff721

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:10 AM

i tweaked my other tutorial. this should get you done no matter what way you choose to mod.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O31E4QDI XBOXHDM 2.2 download

Plug the USB you are going to use into your PC and follow these steps to get it bootabale
1.Download RMPrepUSB: http://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb/\" target=\"_blank\">http://sites.google.com/site/rmprepusb/
2.Run RMPREPUSB.exe
3.I chose syslinux boot option then 'prepare drive' - note I selected 'no' when asked any questions during this part
4.I then choose to install grub4dos using RMPREPUSB.
5. unzip and copy everything from the XBOXHDM2.2 download onto the USB.(overwrite as needed)
6.Place your "eeprom.bin" file in the "eeprom" folder located on the root of the flash drive.
7.Populate the /hdm/C folder with the M$ Dashboard files.
8.Populate the /hdm/E folder with any chosen files (games saves etc) that you require installed.(you can optionaly add one of the gamesave exploits here.)

IF you wish to install Kingroach's Ndure 3.1, also do this.

9.Download Ndure 3.1(google it). unzip it and run the Ndure-3.1.exe
10.Checkmark the following boxes
[x]core files
Under Softmod & NKPatcher options
[x]Install Ndure basic
[x]Boot MSdash with eject
[x]Use NKPatcher .06 (if you have an HDD larger than 8GB or are upgrading to a larger HDD)
Under Kernel selection
[x]choose your kernel(found buy booting your XBOX and going to settings and sytstem info. let it scroll to the bottom and you will see K:1.00.XXXX.01 the XXXX being your kernel number)
[x]create XBOXHDM installer
11.Hit next and it will create a new folder called Ndure in the same directory the Ndure-3.1.EXE is in.
12.copy this new folder onto your USB in the HDM folder. there is already a folder called Ndure there, it should ask if you want to merge the 2 folders, choose yes.
10.That's it! (power off your PC and unplug your PCs HDD and DVD drive) Reboot using the USB drive and if all has gone well, you should see the (blue) boot screen. (wait to boot till you have the XBOX ready to hotswap)

BUILD THE HDD
make sure the jumper on the new HDD is set to master. use the powersupply from your xbox to give the HDD power if you need. i also suggest for you to disconnect any other hard drives or DVD drivefrom the motherboard.

1. boot your PC with the USB and wait till you see the blue boot screen.
2. plug the NEW HDD into your PC and then choose option 1. XBOXHDM2.2 & SLAX (if yoou are using this program to upgrade to a larger HDD. you should wait to plug the new XBOX HDD into your computer till after post. in my experience it is best to plug it in when the boot script pauses for the first time for about 3 seconds. this will prevent an error "the drive is frozen" later on when trying to lock the new HDD)
3.After a moment you will come to the GUI. click the black box in the lower left hand corner
4.type "xboxhd2" without the quotes and then "yes"
5.choose option 1.
6.choose option 2 Activate XBOXHDM stage 2, and type "yes" to continue
7.after a moment QEMU will open and tell you to type "xboxhd" or "xbrowser". If upgradeing to a new HDD type "xboxhd" and then choose the option to build a new xbox HDD from scratch. after it is done creating the partitions and formating them, choose option 8

if you do not wish to install Ndure 3.1, exit QEMU. in the previous box type XBOXHD2 again, then YES again, choose option 1, then choose to lock the HDD (with the eeprom you have included in the eeprom folder)
you now have large basicly retail HDD. your xbox will boot like it did from factory.(if you chose to add gamesave exploits in the E/UDATA folder, you can pop in your chosen game and mod.)

INSTALLING NDURE 3.1

to install Kingroach's Ndure 3.1. type "xbrowser" to enter the Midnight Commander.
8.on the left side of the screen navigate down to the Ndure folder and press enter. then again down to the Ndure script and press enter. it will open an install menu for Ndure
9.choose option 2. replace C with Ndure. wait for it to finish all 3 steps. this could take up to 15 minutes.
10.press F10 to exit Midnight Commander.wait for it to check the file structure and then close QEMU.
11. in the first box type XBOXHD2 then YES, choose option 1 then option 3 to lock the xbox with your eeprom. make sure it says the cammand was successful.
you can now power off your PC and the XBOX, and plug everything back together.

YOU ARE NOW MODDED AND YOU SHOULD NOW BOOT DIRECTLY TO UNLEASHX.

i also suggest that you get a copy of HeXEn (Heimdall's xbox enineering disc). this has the ability to update your mod and to install a few of the best and most need apps including XBMC and XBPartitioner, also it has the ability to change your default dashboard. you can find it by googling it.

Edited by spliff721, 13 April 2011 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users