Photo

Use Network Without Logging Into Xbox Live?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stratotak

stratotak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

Now that i have flashed my Samsung I wont be going online. But I still want to be able to share my media. i use TVersity to stream music,videos.How do I connect to my network but not go on XboxLive?Or is that something i need to setup in my router and block internet access to the XBOX?

#2 jackeroo75

jackeroo75

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(stratotak @ Apr 15 2011, 08:18 PM) View Post

Now that i have flashed my Samsung I wont be going online. But I still want to be able to share my media. i use TVersity to stream music,videos.How do I connect to my network but not go on XboxLive?Or is that something i need to setup in my router and block internet access to the XBOX?

NOT POSSIBLE.

#3 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE(jackeroo75 @ Apr 16 2011, 01:31 PM) View Post

NOT POSSIBLE.

That isn't true. You can just create an account that is not live enabled. If you really want to get in the weeds you can set up blocks on your firewall like you are talking about but I have never done this so don't know. It's really not necessary. You can also turn your family settings on and block access to xbox live that way.

Edited by Madhatta, 17 April 2011 - 07:23 AM.

#4 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 1863 (UDP and TCP)
Port 33233 (UDP_
Port 22782 (UDP)

Those would be the ports XBL needs (they probably have more that they don't tell us)
Only certain MAC address are permitted to have internet access, on my network. (<~~ Lazy man's way)
I'd just feed your head with the Madhatta's advice. Or you could tell us what kind of router you have, and maybe someone would be kind enough to share with you it's login and password, for configuring it. Once in there, you'll probably have an option called "block services". It's really simple, you tell your router to not allow a certain IP(s) to use such and such sercives, ports, websites, etc...

#5 stratotak

stratotak

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

I just blocked access In my router.I run DD-WRT firmware on my Linksys so i just blocked the Xbox I.P and its mac. that should do the trick.Tested by trying to test network connection and it couldnt connect to internet. So I should be good to go streaming videos and music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users