6 replies to this topic

#1 Chrushev

Chrushev

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hey guys, basically i have a Hitachi drive with a pre AC:B patch/dash whatever enabled 2.5 or whatnot.

With Portal 2 coming out and new Operation Flashpoint I imagine those 2 will have the most recent Dash...

what should I do? I dont want to put in Portal 2, patch and then unable to play AC:Brotherhood later, or portal 2, etc. I have whatever firmware was current right up to that 2.5 stuff (November i think).

So basically my box is in pre Kinect dash state... is it safe to update? Should i do anything specific? The box has been banned so I dont care about live. I just want to be able to run any of the games on it.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

If your Hitachi is the same Hitachi version your console comes with then you dont have to worry about AP 2.5 on any dash.

#3 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 16 2011, 06:54 AM) View Post

If your Hitachi is the same Hitachi version your console comes with then you dont have to worry about AP 2.5 on any dash.

Did he indicate that it is not a 78 or 79? If it is he will need to update.

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Madhatta @ Apr 17 2011, 03:07 AM) View Post

I was referring to him having the original drive the console came with. As long as he has the original drive he wont have to worry about AP 2.5 being an issue. But of course he will need to make sure his drives firmware is the latest version that is obvious.

#5 Chrushev

Chrushev

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(Madhatta @ Apr 17 2011, 12:07 AM) View Post

It is a 78.

Basically i dont want to end up in a situation where I update the dash, but there no firmware for Hitachi to make it work with the latest dash you know.. because it seems hitachi gets updated months and months after LT etc.. which is understandable, since majority of all the consoles are LT now.

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(Chrushev @ Apr 17 2011, 05:30 PM) View Post

It is a 78.

Basically i dont want to end up in a situation where I update the dash, but there no firmware for Hitachi to make it work with the latest dash you know.. because it seems hitachi gets updated months and months after LT etc.. which is understandable, since majority of all the consoles are LT now.

You will need LT+ then all your games will work with the current latest official dashboard as long as the backups are properly patched through ABGX.

#7 Madhatta

Madhatta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(Chrushev @ Apr 17 2011, 01:30 PM) View Post

It is a 78.

LT+ works fine with the newest dash and AP 2.5 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users