Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

XeLL Updater for freeBOOT v1
Posted by XanTium | April 17 01:12 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Tuxuser released a new homebrew application that will allow you to easily update just the XeLL part of your freeBOOT NAND:

XeLL Updater for freeBOOT - v1
Based on dashlaunch installer by cOz

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use it on Single NAND-freeBOOT only (9199, 12611, 12625 or above - if nothing on the flash layout changes!).
Rename xell-2f.bin to updxell.bin and stuff it together with the default.xex on your xbox.
Execute the XEX, Confirm the update.
Shutdown your XBOX, press eject to poweron and you will be greeted with an updated XeLL :P

Greetz to cOz, Cancerous, Redline99, GliGli and Ced2911 :)

Official Site: n/a, by Tuxuser
Download: n/a (built with XDK)
News-Source: logic-sunrise.com

#2 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Nice to see a release ... keep up the good work guys.

#3 pif001

pif001

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:37 AM

sorry, but does this in any way help to add hdmi support to xell?

#4 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

HDMI support is already added to xell, like a month or 2 back, so i suppose if you use this program to flash the updated xell...then yes....this does help add hdmi to xell

#5 rami1

rami1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

I think We have XeLLous+hdmi+more stuff in the new xell called "xell reloaded". Has someone tested it?

Edited by rami1, 17 April 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#6 sintez

sintez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

No way for xellous+hdmi
only xell have hdmi support

#7 jappi88

jappi88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

where is a new xell-2f.bin with hdmi located on xbins? also is this corfirmed working on a 512mb jasper?

Thanks.

#8 gamesquest1

gamesquest1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:20 PM

well there was a supposed "leaked" version but it was a beta whis isnt to be flashed to nand but you can use xell launch to load from dash/FSD which is easier more covinient than going over to the console and using eject to turn on but if you wanna try find the beta just google xell-reloaded

#9 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

The "Leak" of xell-reloaded was nothing more than a testing version we had posted in the forums over at libxenon. It has been taken down since then. It is still being worked on. This simply lets you update your xell/xellous slot without using a USB stick and booting xell , and will make it easier once their is a new release of Xell , HDMI support is already in the current commit on github , anyone can download and compile it , it is free and opensource.

Cheers,
Jugga

#10 tk_saturn

tk_saturn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Flash360 already does this. All you have to do is rename xell-2f.bin to updslot0.bin and flash.

Of course, we're at the point where pretty much any new homebrew is welcomed.

Edited by tk_saturn, 17 April 2011 - 09:24 PM.

#11 TheBiGW

TheBiGW

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 17 2011, 09:35 PM) View Post

Flash360 already does this. All you have to do is rename xell-2f.bin to updslot0.bin and flash.

I thought this too, so was wondering why bother releasing this. Still, good to see others getting involved with the scene and developing alternatives.

#12 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(juggahax0r @ Apr 17 2011, 12:16 PM) View Post

The "Leak" of xell-reloaded was nothing more than a testing version we had posted in the forums over at libxenon. It has been taken down since then. It is still being worked on. This simply lets you update your xell/xellous slot without using a USB stick and booting xell , and will make it easier once their is a new release of Xell , HDMI support is already in the current commit on github , anyone can download and compile it , it is free and opensource.

Cheers,
Jugga

The github for xell is broken for non HDMI, I had to remove the HDMI part, in order for my xenon to have video.

#13 razkar

razkar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Of course were at the point where any new homebrew is welcomed.

Nop, Flash360/XeLLous and updslot0/1.bin only works if you use a XBR image ... since FreeBOOT, you have to flash the whole nand for updating the bootloader.
This is the purpose of this soft ... don't have to flash the whole nand

#14 tuxuser

tuxuser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

If that would have been the case, why would somebody release such homebrew?
Its easy, like Razkar already said.
Flash360 handles it correctly for XBReboot Images cause on XBR the XeLL is located at the beginning of a block. You just use updslot0.bin and you are set.
On freeBOOT, XeLL is located in the middle of a block ( Offset 0x95060 to be specific) so you have to read out this and following blocks (11 blocks on small block, 3 blocks on big block in total), inject XeLL to it and write these blocks back.

This tool is made for simplifying this whole process.

@ddxb

Your issues are probably from the incorrect handling of some AVPack IDs.. if you have already the setup to compile your own XeLL build do the following:

1. Take a XeLL build which displays video for you
2. Note the AVPack ID which gets shown by XeLL at boot
3. Put this ID togehter with the correct videomode in xenos_init.c
4. Compile and you have your videomode working correctly

#15 Firetalion

Firetalion

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(razkar @ Apr 17 2011, 04:25 PM) View Post

Nop, Flash360/XeLLous and updslot0/1.bin only works if you use a XBR image ... since FreeBOOT, you have to flash the whole nand for updating the bootloader.
This is the purpose of this soft ... don't have to flash the whole nand

I can confirm this: I attempted the updslot0.bin update to get XeLL(HDMI) on my aud_clamp dvd_tray SMC hacked Falcon, and the only thing I got is christmas lights.

This software was the first I found to update my XeLLous embedded NAND from Jtag Tool, to a newer XeLL. The update was smooth and worked like a charm the first time. =0D

Just updated to Jtag Tool v3.00 though, and it seems to offer the ability to install either a XeLL or XeLLous now. Still though, 'XeLL Updater for freeBOOT v1' totally made my day today. =0) Thanks to the coders for all their devotion to the Jtag 360 scene!!! =oD

(I swear I tried to update my XeLL at least 10 times with 10 different methods last month, so I'm not kidding when I say it made my day...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users