1 reply to this topic

#1 jrx09

jrx09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

This is the first game i've had any problem with running on my JTAG (Freeboot 0.20).

Basically with all my games so far I have copied them from retail disc using Xexmenu's CopyDVD function to my external USB and then run the actual game via the latest version of Freestyle Dash.

This has worked for my whole collection apart from The Orange Box (PAL version) which boots to a black screen and then completely locks up the xbox, needing a hard reboot.

I have tried re-ripping the game to no avail, I have also tried running it off the internal HDD rather than USB but still no luck. I have also tried using Xexmenu's patch XEX feature but to be honest I don't know whether it should have any effect anyway. I also have the latest TU for the game in the internal HDD cache folder.

I know it is possible to run this game on a JTAG because there are many people out there who have been successfully modding it, has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it? I did a search and there were a couple of old references to a similar problem but no solutions...

Cheers!

#2 jrx09

jrx09

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Sorry to double post but have just got Portal 2 and have exactly the same problem, apparently my JTAG doesn't like Valve games or something!

Tried copying the dvd with FSD this time as well as Xexmenu but still no dice...

No-one else had this problem then??? Would updating my JTAG help perhaps? No problems with other new games e.g Mortal Kombat though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users