Photo

Use Fsd-regulated Stock Fan Power Source For Extra Fans?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ErrantExilant

ErrantExilant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:59 PM

Having had a 5V-0-12V 3-way switch installed in the back of my box was one way to regulate variable fan speeds/voltages, however having to get up in order to switch it turned out to be a big downside... Thus, the idea to use FSD's fan voltage regulation for all system fans was born.

This would include installing 420 mA worth of fans onto the main fan connector which is already supposed to feed 2 80mm fans, 150mA each. Haven't yet run the box with the 80mm replacement main fans installed, but my aim is to make it a bit less noisy than the old Talismoon fans, plus I feel like completely tearing the metal cage apart tongue.gif.

Total power draw of the fan power connector would thus be .72A @ 7-12V, regulated via FSD.
The question is: is this feasible, or a bad, bad way of trying to solve the problem?

UPDATE: If any of you mods out there sees this, please have a laugh at me for being an illiterate fool and push this one over to the 360 forums. Thanks in advance, and sorry for being a bit misguided smile.gif

Edited by ErrantExilant, 20 April 2011 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users