• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

FSD2 GaDaBaMa preview
Posted by XanTium | April 20 22:12 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From teamfsd.com:

Game database manager for FSD2. FSD2 offers various ways to update/modify your collection through online downloads or manual editing (HTTP). GaDaBaMa offers a similar function without using your console. Just needed for downloading/uploading/synching databases/images. More about the sync function in the pdf.

* Data functions
Import/Export fsd2data.db (fsd2settings.db) (FSD2)
Import dlc_report.txt/gameSave_report.txt (XM360)
Export dlc_titles.txt (XM360)

* Online functions
Get Game/DLC info/images from xbox.com
covers.jqe360.com support -> planned

* Picture functions
Convert dds to jpg (irfanview)
Convert jpg to dds (nvdxt)
Convert png to dds to blobs (only for icons)
Slideshow

* Video functions
Stream preview video (if available)

* GUI functions
Shortcuts
Search field
Filter fields (tabs/genre)
Multilanguage -> planned

Official Site: http://www.teamfsd.com

#2 [Imported]Intruder

[Imported]Intruder

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

More feature creep... Why cant you all concentrate on making a proper dash... ie. remove the need for two dashboards...

FAIL

#3 GoodfellaKeyser

GoodfellaKeyser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

Intruder' date='Apr 21 2011, 11:36 AM' post='4794144']
Why cant you all concentrate on making a proper dash... FAIL

I believe they're concentrated in FSD's development. The author of this is not a member of the team.

#4 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

Intruder' date='Apr 21 2011, 07:06 PM' post='4794144']
More feature creep... Why cant you all concentrate on making a proper dash... ie. remove the need for two dashboards...

FAIL

You no-longer need a 2nd dash! FSD 2 RC2.1 seems to do it all very well, just what is it that u think u need another dash for??

#5 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Apr 21 2011, 03:12 AM) View Post

GaDaBaMa offers a similar function without using your console.
Its not a second dashboard. Its a non-xbox360 sync and management tool. That's at least my interpretation... Its done so on the Wii as well.
Its a very good thing. You don't need to have your box online and you can sync multiple boxes with it.

#6 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:03 PM) View Post

You no-longer need a 2nd dash! FSD 2 RC2.1 seems to do it all very well, just what is it that u think u need another dash for??

Well, technically isn't this an app that still has the dashboard running in the bg? I think the point he was trying to make was that the NNXE is still there, and that a dashboard should replace the old one entirely.

#7 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Apr 21 2011, 02:10 PM) View Post

Well, technically isn't this an app that still has the dashboard running in the bg? I think the point he was trying to make was that the NNXE is still there, and that a dashboard should replace the old one entirely.
This is an app you run on your PC to edit and modify your game database. You don't even need your console switched on while using it. Check the screenshots on teamfsd.com.

#8 K3thunder

K3thunder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

DDS file conversion? thats a good addition to me

#9 [Imported]Intruder

[Imported]Intruder

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(danthaman673 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:03 PM) View Post

Rubbish... Change console settings then? As I said half a dash, will stick with NXE as I cant see the point of NEEDING two dashboards.... Shame really it IS a promising project shame they did not start at the ground and worked upwards...

QUOTE(SilentBob1638 @ Apr 21 2011, 12:36 PM) View Post

Its not a second dashboard. Its a non-xbox360 sync and management tool. That's at least my interpretation... Its done so on the Wii as well.
Its a very good thing. You don't need to have your box online and you can sync multiple boxes with it.

err FreeStyle Dashboard what ya think FSD means???

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Apr 21 2011, 03:57 PM) View Post

This is an app you run on your PC to edit and modify your game database. You don't even need your console switched on while using it. Check the screenshots on teamfsd.com.

That we know too I'm on about the general project. Managed badly.. still.. As I have not heard any of the team so it's not possible to include all I dont see the problem, infact members have said yeah possible working on it.. that was 6 months or more ago in IRC.. If a job is worth doing its worth doing right and not half cocked...

Edited by [Imported]Intruder, 21 April 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#10 kRiSiS

kRiSiS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

lol Intruder, you act like they owe you something, dude. Either use it and be happy, or don't. Say nothing if not something constructive. What you're doing right now is feeling entitled to something.

#11 cory1492

cory1492

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(Intruder @ Apr 21 2011, 02:00 PM) View Post

Rubbish... Change console settings then? As I said half a dash, will stick with NXE as I cant see the point of NEEDING two dashboards.... Shame really it IS a promising project shame they did not start at the ground and worked upwards...
Brilliant plan there intruder, make a dash based around setting things that only really need to be set once... and that could easily break across different console firmware versions. You do realize there are limits to the amount of time coders are willing to put into what amounts to trivial/rarely needed features that you seem to think are necessary? I mean, if you really want it and think it's the defacto reason to have an alternate launcher/manager/whatever... why aren't you reversing and coding it? Personally I find things like SMB/FTP access far more useful than setting things that I already have set up.

Either way, this topic is about someone else's app (GaDaBaMa) that is meant to compliment FSD by having a PC app that accesses the database FSD uses, and not about FSD itself... your ?illogical? rage seems to be highly misplaced.
pop.gif

Edited by cory1492, 22 April 2011 - 04:49 AM.

#12 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:01 AM

Intruder' date='Apr 21 2011, 05:00 PM' post='4794231']

You can't do shit with NXE ... just sayin. I would much rather have FSD scan my content than build a bunch of quickboot icons for NXE.

I can't really see what your compaints are? You get this for free; FSD, and this new app. FSD works great at what it does, has new features, and updates to current features regularly, and the team stays active with the community they provide for. Bottom line .... stop trolling, their is no place for people complaining about free stuff.

#13 [Imported]Intruder

[Imported]Intruder

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(cory1492 @ Apr 22 2011, 04:48 AM) View Post

Brilliant plan there intruder, make a dash based around setting things that only really need to be set once... and that could easily break across different console firmware versions. You do realize there are limits to the amount of time coders are willing to put into what amounts to trivial/rarely needed features that you seem to think are necessary? I mean, if you really want it and think it's the defacto reason to have an alternate launcher/manager/whatever... why aren't you reversing and coding it? Personally I find things like SMB/FTP access far more useful than setting things that I already have set up.

Either way, this topic is about someone else's app (GaDaBaMa) that is meant to compliment FSD by having a PC app that accesses the database FSD uses, and not about FSD itself... your ?illogical? rage seems to be highly misplaced.
pop.gif

Was having this argument the other day man in IRC with someone, then within 10 mins someone came in with an issue, guess what? Yeah needed to boot nxe to sort it.. Granted its not something you use everyday but it is needed now and again.. Its half a dash no matter which way you cut it...

#14 juggahax0r

juggahax0r

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:39 AM

Intruder' date='Apr 22 2011, 03:34 AM' post='4794338']
Was having this argument the other day man in IRC with someone, then within 10 mins someone came in with an issue, guess what? Yeah needed to boot nxe to sort it.. Granted its not something you use everyday but it is needed now and again.. Its half a dash no matter which way you cut it...

No it's not ... if you cut a half into 2 pieces it becomes a quarter. NXE will always be their , what is the big deal about going to NXE to change some settings? It still won't auto scan your HDD and USB games.

The problem is you are being an ungrateful dickwad and it isn't appreciated here. You still haven't voiced any real complaints with the FREE software ... just that someone had to load NXE to fix something?

Do you have any useful input or will you continue making yourself look bad?

#15 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Topic is GaDaBaMa preview. No more off topic comments please. Don't expect a response from the troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users