3 replies to this topic

#1 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

Recently, A600 has made a fabulous port of xSorRv5 (see the Emulators section for more info, thanks A600!!!).

Although the port is aimed to run the Streets of Rage game, it seems that the library can be used to port any bennugd game (Bennu is a programming language that makes programming games easy). I would like to ask: if someone WITHOUT xbox programming knowledge can make a Bennu game for PC... can this game be ported easily to Xbox, using the library ported by A600? What are the steps to do it, in this case? If this is possible, it can be a huge improvement in the homebrew scene of the Xbox, because everybody programming in Bennu can program for Xbox too...

#2 xyteam

xyteam

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

first off i wouldnt mind knowing which games are actually written in the bennugd language.
is there a list available somewhere hcf of what games are made in the language?

#3 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Well, there are some games over there, for example you can see this site:

http://bennugames.com.ar/

But I am thinking more in the potential that it can have for future developments wink.gif

#4 pdidd

pdidd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

hcf,

check this link out

http://www.bennugd.org/node/28#l1

"Where will my games work?
Bennu is officially supported in most recent Windows versions (i.e. Windows 2000 and over), recent 32 bit Linux versions (or 64 bit Linux with 32 bit support librarires installed) and the GP2X Wiz console (thanks to GamePark Holdings for donating hardware, making the port possible).
Anyway, Bennu basically runs anywhere SDL & libdl are available and so has been seen running in MacOS X, the Wii & the original Xbox console, the GP2X console, various BSD systems..."

Oh and hcf, you suggest sdl to me, if i can find enough resources for this language, I think this seems alot simpler then sdl. SDL seems confusing lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users