• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gogeden

Gogeden

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

(I posted this same paragraph in the "Non-mod chip exploits" section, unbeknownst to the existence of the *nix on Xbox section of the forum)

Sooooo. Had a blond moment. I went to install GentooX via the HDD (I put it on the Xbox via FTP) and when the installer started I typed "Yes" for initializing the Harddisk. Now I get prompted to contact customer support. I still have a back up of the Eeprom and what not. Did all shit hit the fan? Or can I still recover the system? I modded my system via the Mechassault softmod.

#2 joesnose

joesnose

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

Hello, considering that a softmod is a modification that runs in software, software that you have erased from the drive! I am guessing it is very borked.

I don't know which version of xbox you have but I am guessing your only route for recovery is a chip or TSOP flash, the latter being cheaper and easier.

Once TSOPed or chipped the exploit is written into the bios allowing for a little extra room for manouvre.

Not knowing much about softmods, I may be wrong about no road to recovery, but I am guessing it is going to take some hardware tinkering to dig it out of this one.

Good luck.

Edited by joesnose, 21 April 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Already answered in the original post, and you are wrong - hardware mods are not the only option. xboxhdm / Kingroach will fix the problem just as easily.

Also, FYI, you can't TSOP flash an Xbox that won't boot a game, so TSOP isn't an option for fixing this Xbox.

#4 joesnose

joesnose

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, been a while since I had my finger in the xbox pie.

#5 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

yea got the key your good you can unlock repartation it put the dashbord back lock it back up you will be up and runnning again. bascily the same guide as installing a new hdd in a softmod wiithout acully instaling a new hdd. plud the step of using the keyh to unlock it.

Edited by luther349, 11 June 2011 - 02:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users