Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

hello.
i think i just made my console banned.
i have Ixtreme LT not +
and i just botted COD:BO
and it was working but today the disc couldn't loaded
and i just checked with Xval2.0
and it sayes "faild AP25 challange"
there is anyway i could miss the ban or that my console is 100% will be banned?

#2 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

There used to be a way to "unflag" your console for a ban, but if you've gone online AT ALL after it failed the ap2.5 challenge, then it won't work. If anybody else can throw their two cents in, is that still the case? I know this was possible with older dashboards.

You will need a nand reader/flasher of some sort. (USB or LPT)

#3 visual_boy

visual_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(digipimp75 @ Apr 24 2011, 01:12 AM) View Post

There used to be a way to "unflag" your console for a ban, but if you've gone online AT ALL after it failed the ap2.5 challenge, then it won't work. If anybody else can throw their two cents in, is that still the case? I know this was possible with older dashboards.

You will need a nand reader/flasher of some sort. (USB or LPT)

so there isnt any way possible that my console will be spared?
i will sooner or later will have a ban?

#4 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

At the current time, yes, your console is flagged for a ban since it has a logged ap2.5 challenge failure. As soon as you sign onto Live (not sure you have already), then this security event will be "uploaded", or whatever MS does to gather this info. The next time they do a wave ban (which could be anytime) then your console will get the hammer... sorry.

Like I said, I'm not sure if there's a way around this in the new dash. In older dashes it was possible to unflag it but I don't know about the new ones. Never had to try smile.gif

#5 visual_boy

visual_boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE(digipimp75 @ Apr 24 2011, 03:57 AM) View Post

At the current time, yes, your console is flagged for a ban since it has a logged ap2.5 challenge failure. As soon as you sign onto Live (not sure you have already), then this security event will be "uploaded", or whatever MS does to gather this info. The next time they do a wave ban (which could be anytime) then your console will get the hammer... sorry.

Like I said, I'm not sure if there's a way around this in the new dash. In older dashes it was possible to unflag it but I don't know about the new ones. Never had to try smile.gif

even if there is a way the effort is to much to put for this task.
my case is odd.
because COD:BO worked for me. last boot of the game was maybe 2 months ago
and i remember one thing that have been changed is a dashboard update.
so microsoft implented the AP2.5 in the dash update?

#6 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Yep. When the 12625 dash update came out, ap2.5 was enabled in black ops, halo reach and mw2. So any old backups would not work and required that u rerip, run thru abgx to patch the ap2.5 sector, and reburn.

#7 kingdrako

kingdrako

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Mine was banned same problem, but on the good side you still will be able to play all your ripped games but no more live.......that's why I got another console and had to play my originals or had to spend some major $$$ buying the ones I liked from my banned console this is the downside to been banned, you get addicted to the bloody games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users