• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

First off, I would like to apologize if this has been discussed but I searched the forum here and nothing came up for me.

Alright, So friends gave me their xbox because it had the rrod. The first xbox I was about to fix and the lights were green and it stays on with out any problems as far as overheating. Tho, It doesn't have video when I turn it on and the switch it to HDMI input. I tried to switch it to component and still didn't work. Is there a chance for this to be fixed? if so, how?

Second xbox, again I was able to do the x-clamp fix. but it only goes for about 3-4 minutes before it gets the rrod. I turn it off and turn it back on and again 3-4 min. it goes back to the rrod? any ideas on why this happens?

Thank you

#2 Avinitlarge

Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

The first one with no picture is one I have come across and repaired, I did 3 last month, Reflowing the GPU cured the problem.

Do you know what the secondary error code is on the second Xbox? Probably just need a reflow too

#3 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

by reflow im guessing you mean reball the gpu? and the second one doesn't give me any error its just on and then i get the rrod...i replaced the paste 3 times already..

edit: nevermind, I just saw a video on how to reflow or what it means and I will attempt that this week.

Edited by festerx, 24 April 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#4 KILLorBE

KILLorBE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

I agree with Avinitlarge, but you might want to check the connectors on the first one (Bottom of PCB).

A friends xbox had the same problem as the second one, fixed it (So I thought), but he told me it would only work for a couple of minutes, did a re-flow last month and since then it has been working fine (0102 error).

Secondary error code -> Hold the sync button and press eject 4 times.
1 light = 1
2 lights = 2
3 lights = 3
4 lights = 0

Edited by KILLorBE, 25 April 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#5 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

the second one gives me the 0023 error....I think im doing it right haha...ima get a video up to see if im doing it right.

ROL Module Error

Edited by festerx, 25 April 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#6 Avinitlarge

Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

You were doing it right but im not sure if it is 0023. Possibly 0002 or 0022. The reason I say this is because I didnt see the 3 red lights flashing fast, only slowly

#7 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:21 AM

I checked the sticky of error codes and 0023 is unknown...blah! i'll try the reflow trick this week to see if it fixes the no video on the other xbox. thanx

#8 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

you don't have reflow equipment. putting the fan on the dvd drive is not the same thing as reflowing.

#9 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Apr 25 2011, 12:00 AM) View Post

you don't have reflow equipment. putting the fan on the dvd drive is not the same thing as reflowing.

I never stated that I was going to put the fan on the dvd drive lol huh.gif
I'm going to use a heatgun to do it....

#10 festerx

festerx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

So...last night I did the reflow fix on the 2 xboxs and surprisingly the 1st with no video works...im just leaving it on for 2 hours a day to make sure it won't go out on me...

the 2nd xbox is giving me a different error... 0031! I guess I had the heatgun too close to the board...I am going to try the heatgun on that board again...if not i'll just use it for parts sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users