• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kryno 696

kryno 696

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:47 AM

So after the first update to the new beta dashboard your drive is flashed with the "new" OFW..as everybody already knows. Well I had replaced that OFW (LiteOn drive) for LT+ firmware so i could play my back up copies of my games and since then I haven't been able to update my dashboard and therefore couldnt sign into xbox live since 13145 version was released.

What I did was put the halo reach disc provided for the beta release into another xbox of mine that doesn't really work well (and i dont use it for live) in order to update that console to the beta dashboard and flash the Benq drive that belongs to that particular console. After updating the console to dashboard 13140 i took the dvd drive and put it into my primary console (which has a liteon) and turned it on and began the update again...next thing I knew my dashboard was updated and i can connect to live and continue as normal. After updating I put my flashed liteon back into my xbox so i could read my backup copies and play games like usual. Just everytime an update is released just place the updated drive back in the xbox, update, then place your flashed one back in and do this everytime i suppose.

I know not everybody has a spare xbox they're willing to sacrifice for this and i dont know what this could result in, but i figured i had nothing to lose because i couldnt sign into xbox live anyway because i couldnt update so its worth it to me.

#2 Defosho

Defosho

X-S Enthusiast

• Dev/Contributor
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

A second console or drive isn't required. Drives with CFW or older OFW can be manually flashed with the new OFW (with or without key) which will then allow beta System Updates to be installed, leaving the drive alone.

This was documented over a week ago in the FAQ, some clarification has now been added.

Edited by Defosho, 26 April 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#3 kryno 696

kryno 696

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

that's what i read in the faq but i couldnt get jungle flasher to flash the new OFW to my disc drive because it said i didn't have a "target" firmware selected (even though i did have the newest ofw set as the target, i assume because its all zeroed out). so i tried this method and it worked out..and i couldnt get dosflash v1.9 to recognize my LiteOn.

so in case someone else was having issues similar to me i was just getting this particular way out there.

#4 Defosho

Defosho

X-S Enthusiast

• Dev/Contributor
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Ok - I've added your method as an alternative option, thanks :)

#5 jportiz831

jportiz831

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(kryno 696 @ Apr 25 2011, 09:47 PM) View Post

So after the first update to the new beta dashboard your drive is flashed with the "new" OFW..as everybody already knows. Well I had replaced that OFW (LiteOn drive) for LT+ firmware so i could play my back up copies of my games and since then I haven't been able to update my dashboard and therefore couldnt sign into xbox live since 13145 version was released.

What I did was put the halo reach disc provided for the beta release into another xbox of mine that doesn't really work well (and i dont use it for live) in order to update that console to the beta dashboard and flash the Benq drive that belongs to that particular console. After updating the console to dashboard 13140 i took the dvd drive and put it into my primary console (which has a liteon) and turned it on and began the update again...next thing I knew my dashboard was updated and i can connect to live and continue as normal. After updating I put my flashed liteon back into my xbox so i could read my backup copies and play games like usual. Just everytime an update is released just place the updated drive back in the xbox, update, then place your flashed one back in and do this everytime i suppose.

I know not everybody has a spare xbox they're willing to sacrifice for this and i dont know what this could result in, but i figured i had nothing to lose because i couldnt sign into xbox live anyway because i couldnt update so its worth it to me.

This is brilliant just what i was lookin for. Im already updated but since the new jungeflasher is out i wanted to try and spoof my key with new ofw and my drive key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users