• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hi all, I posted a while back that I purchased a premodded 360 slim here in Thailand and found out thanks to this forum that basically I would be stuffed regarding future updates. So as a result I have purchased a 9504 drive. Upon removing the dive in the console I have found that is is a DG 16D2S - fw 9345. (liteon phat)

I have dumped the new 9504 drive successfully, just to check it was all working. Does this backup have any worth? Is the key any use to anyone?

So please forgive my noobness but I just want to clarify...

1st. Step. Need to obtain the key from the 16D2S? Probe III?
2nd. Spoof that key into new drive with LT+ using jungle flasher.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks

Edited by Bigleg, 26 April 2011 - 12:58 PM.

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

You pretty much got it. No you do not need the key from the replacement drive unless the person who owns the console the drive came from needs it.

#3 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thank you.

#4 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

OK my probe 3 came today, successfully dumped the old drive and made a key.bin. Now for the life of me I can't get any further, where do I go from here, I've tried manually spoofing and dropping the key into the 9504 Lt+ fw but I get a verification failed error, so please anyone, what is the correct procedure.

I have the key.bin and dummy.bin from my 9345

I have LT+ and original dump for my 9504

Everything I try seems to want to spoof my 9504 as a 9345, whereas all I want to do is drop in the key from the 9345 into my 9504

Everything I try fails uhh.gif

Edited by Bigleg, 03 May 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#5 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Sorry forgot to add the error is...

Restore Verify Failed !
Drive is a Slim Lite-On..

#6 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Apr 26 2011, 09:44 PM) View Post

You pretty much got it. No you do not need the key from the replacement drive unless the person who owns the console the drive came from needs it.

Well it has turned into an epic fail, I now have a nice DVD player! Seems that swapping a new 9504 is not possible unless you have a copy of the OFW from the first drive, the key is not enough.

Oh well, people need to be made aware of this FACT.

Thanks guys

#7 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Bigleg @ May 6 2011, 10:31 AM) View Post

Well it has turned into an epic fail, I now have a nice DVD player! Seems that swapping a new 9504 is not possible unless you have a copy of the OFW from the first drive, the key is not enough.

Oh well, people need to be made aware of this FACT.

Thanks guys

lol the drive key from the new replacement drive will do you NO GOOD AT ALL!. The drive key you NEED is the drive key from the drive that originally came in your console.

Did you bother to read the Jungle Flasher tutorial?

#8 Bigleg

Bigleg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

Sorry where did I say I tried to use the key from the new drive? Spoofing Liteons slims is not possible in JF so I took the key from the Phat and injected using Dos Flash, they drive was working, it only stopped when the dash update came into effect which uses more info then just the DVD key.

Like I say I found out from Efnet with the JF guys the reason, swapping slims is NOT POSSIBLE unless you have the OFW from the original slim drive from the factory. The key is not enough.

Edited by Bigleg, 06 May 2011 - 04:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users