3 replies to this topic

#1 filli

filli

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

Hello fellows,

I recently moded my Xbox and installed the UnleashX dashboard. The softmod worked flawless, as did the installation of UnleashX. But I encountered a problem I do not know how to solve.
After rebooting my Xbox to start Unleash the normal green Xbox bootscreen shows up and then the dashboard shows up, but it is only in black & white and flickering a lot. So you cannot read anything on screen anymore.
I was wondering what I did wrong.
I figured may it has something with video standards like PAL or NTSC. So I tried both installation routines even though I'm pretty sure the television and the Xbox are PAL standard. Because I bought both in Germany.
I hope anyone can help me.

best regards,
filli

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:48 PM

How did you softmod it and what cable type are you using?

From the fact the splash screen displays properly rules out any cable problem. A scrolling screen with a b/w image suggests to me some sort of NTSC/PAL issue or resolution settings trouble when the dash boots. A resolution setting problem would
only be applicable if you're using a Component cable.

However if it is the former it would also be quite unusual to find an EU PAL TV nowadays that doesn't automatically display 60Hz NTSC correctly. You might check that any TV set-up menu option you have related to that is set to Auto detect rather than just PAL.

#3 filli

filli

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hello,

I have solved the issue myself. I was using the Softmod Installer Deluxe in Verion 2.0 and after some hours of trying to fix the problem I stumbled upon a newer version. The final 5.11.
So, I tried unleashX and the softmod again with the recent version and it worked flawlessly.

Sorry to bother you.

..filli

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

Interesting - not sure why re-softmodding with a later version SID should have made a difference but it obviously worked for some reason . Glad you sorted it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users